Lake Meredith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chastings77 View Post
    I always thought maybe there was some mystical golden path through Martin's lower swamp to shave a mile or so off the trip.

Was fortunate to get there by boat last season but for sure not an option this year!
    Unless they get a good amount of rain out there boat won't even be a great option. Everyone is going to have to put in some work this season.

Comment

When is everyone planning on going out. I am not sure if I am going to shot for the opener or wait until thanksgiving. Will either be out there the first week or second week of gun season. Wanted to make it out for bow season but got lucky on one of the private land either sex draw hunts and had my name pulled. Going to be spending some of my time off from work in Southwest Texas

Comment

Have been out scouting already, plan on being out there a lot, it has been 3 years now since I have scored meat at Lake Meredith. My plan this year is to hunt the weather a lot more. If a front is going to move in during the week/weekend I plan to be out there from Oct thru Dec. I found a great deal on a used kuiu storm star tent on ebay, will be out there in the weather.

Comment

We'll be headed out there next Friday, hope to find a bigger mulie buck this year

Comment

Cant wait for mule deer season!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Briggs View Post
              We'll be headed out there next Friday, hope to find a bigger mulie buck this year
              How long are y'all staying?

Are y'all backcountry camping or car camping?

Comment

Originally posted by PublicLandFreaks View Post
                Cant wait for mule deer season!!
                Getting closer. Going to be an interesting learning experience for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Shake N' Bake View Post
                  How long are y'all staying?

Are y'all backcountry camping or car camping?
                  We'll be hunting Sat until Wednesday, maybe longer depending on the condition and hunting. We tent camp in the sticks

Comment

We'll be hunting Sat until Wednesday, maybe longer depending on the condition and hunting. We tent camp in the sticks
                    Good luck! Keep us posted!

Comment

Let us know how it goes Dude, good luck this year!

Too bad we can't hunt right now, the temp is dropping 20 degrees tomorrow and rain! Going to go out Sunday morning after the rains and see what the tracks look like.

Comment

Man I hope we get showers while were hunting. A couple years back we had a shower come thru and as soon as it cleared up the canyon we had been glassing that was seemingly empty had more mulies in it than we had ever seen out there. They just got up, shook the rain of and fed for a bit before they bedded back down. That will realy stir em up after a good rain

Comment

Originally posted by chastings77 View Post
                          Have been out scouting already, plan on being out there a lot, it has been 3 years now since I have scored meat at Lake Meredith. My plan this year is to hunt the weather a lot more. If a front is going to move in during the week/weekend I plan to be out there from Oct thru Dec. I found a great deal on a used kuiu storm star tent on ebay, will be out there in the weather.
                          hastings, could you PM me please? This thread finally convinced me to sign up with TBH so I’m brand new, and it won’t let me send a PM until I have posted 15 times.

Comment

Dude_Briggs

What are you guys doing for water in the backcountry this year? The river is probably too low, the lake is so low that there isn't even water in martin's canyon. I guess packing it all in this year...need some water caches out there.

Comment

Son of a gun I can see the message but can’t respond. I will make some posts and reply when I get to 15 and it will let me.

We were planning on taking a decent size collabsable container and filling it with a filter pump but some on here have said the water is salty even if you can filter the sediment without ruining several cartridges. So we are rethinking that. It would be awesome if there was a sping or at least another source that wasn’t directly in the Canadian river bed.

Comment

We always pack our water in with us

Comment

Working...
                                X