No announcement yet.

Pat Mayse- Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hahha they are waaaay back in there. You wouldn’t wanna make the walk cause I hardly wanna make the walk lol. You do any good hunting that CORPS land? I’ve looked at it from a map but never looked into hunting it. I bet there’s even less pressure on that stuff.

Comment

I will be out opening weekend in the same spot i am every year for the last 10 years.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Comment

Question: full disclosure, I've never hunted public land so I'm trying to learn as much as I can. I live pretty close to the Pat Mayse WMA. What's up with the compartments? Are you only aloud to be in one compartment a day? Or is it just for when you sign in to hunt for the day to state where you will be? I'm such a newbie and the websites often assume you already know this stuff

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by acunn30 View Post
          Question: full disclosure, I've never hunted public land so I'm trying to learn as much as I can. I live pretty close to the Pat Mayse WMA. What's up with the compartments? Are you only aloud to be in one compartment a day? Or is it just for when you sign in to hunt for the day to state where you will be? I'm such a newbie and the websites often assume you already know this stuff

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
          The compartments are for when they do the draw hunts. During archery season you can hunt anywhere you can find a spot. They’ll close the WMA for 2 weekends to do the draw (rifle) hunts and this it’s back to archery only. If you ever have any questions about Pat Mayse or hunting in general feel free to shoot me a PM

Comment

I haven't bagged a deer yet, I think there are good deer all around pat mayse. I had cameras with decent pictures and sat in both WMA and Corps land last year. Didn't bag one but I plan on getting one this year. I will have more time to hunt finally. I have heard some stories that Mayse in years past had some extremely nice bucks pulled off it. I think Cooper lake has a better gene pool and I really like it down there but seems pat mayse is less pressured so I plan on staying up here. Have any of you hunted the grass lands north of Bonham? My friend at work said he was driving through a couple years ago and got out and watched the largest buck of his life for a few minutes. Said he was HUGE and had Webbed antlers.

Comment

Originally posted by PublicLandFreaks View Post
              Meat is Meat in the freezer. I will take a doe every year and mark that as a WIN!!!
              x2 !!

Comment

I have not hunted the grasslands or cooper but I’ve heard good things about both places. I’m pretty excited for the season to get here because I have pics of lots of deer, I’m just hoping I’m going far enough away from people that I’ll be able to harvest something. I think it’s key to tag out before gun season opens up because after that I feel like your chances go way down for public land due to the gun hunters coming in and then all of the duck hunters. So I’m going to try to tag out as early as possible. I’ll sit all day on opening day if I have to lol

Comment

hope to run by ya one day, I'd like to meet up with some local hunters. I have heard some people around these parts and cooper can be kinda not so friendly.... Kinda aggravating, were all out there just trying to enjoy our time with nature and tag some deer. Going to run a camera out to a new spot my buddy told me about tomorrow morning.

Comment

I’m hunting up at Lake Fannin this year. I’ll hunt cooper as a plan B

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What's up BPurvis! Isn't that still Bow only? I bet there has to be some Really nice deer up there along that red river and no Rifle hunting for several years.

Comment

Hey man! Yeah it’s bow only out there. I’ve got 3 cameras running so far and just got another one I’m gonna stick out there tomorrow. I did a hang and hunt out there last season and saw a really nice buck, but I couldn’t get a shot off. So far I’ve got a bunch of does on the camera.

Comment

Got two bucks too.

Comment

One I was after last season. They are out there.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Heck yeah man. I hope you stick one this season!

Comment

same you to pal, Did you not like cooper as much last season? I have personally seen a giant come out of there 4 seasons ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X