No announcement yet.

Suppressor components?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Law and ATF's interpretation of the Law are 2 different things.
    This seems to be what people here cannot grasp. ATF can come knocking at any time and for any reason they see fit.
    You may have charges dropped eventually but it will still cost you in many ways.

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyDave View Post
      This seems to be what people here cannot grasp. ATF can come knocking at any time and for any reason they see fit.
      You may have charges dropped eventually but it will still cost you in many ways.
      Ding ding ding. We have a winner.

Fundamentally, the ATF and NFA are tyrannical so why does anyone expect them to "play fair"? If that was the case they wouldn't use blanket words like "intent"

Comment

Word

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by BigJimmyRustler View Post
          so

What if someone possesses 9ea-AR15 uppers 4ea-16" barrels and 5ea-10.5" barrels and also possesses 4ea-rifle lowers and 4ea-pistol lowers...
          is that illegal too?
          Per dicta in a 5th circuit case this is okay because you have at least one lower the short uppers are legal on

This is from an appeal of conviction for unregistered SBR.

Guy had bales of cocaine.

A AR15 rifle

A 10.5" upper on top of the buffet.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SC-Texas View Post
            Per dicta in a 5th circuit case this is okay because you have at least one lower the short uppers are legal on

A AR15 rifle

With absolutely no intent of putting the 10.5” upper on the rifle lower . He was in the process of the pistol build.

Comment

Originally posted by SC-Texas View Post

A AR15 rifle

Can we get a case in which only an “illegal” firearm is involved? Something tells me that a few pounds of coke automatically makes you a felon and therefore illegal to own a gun.
              Last edited by TacticalCowboy; 09-27-2019, 07:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
                Can we get a case in which only an “illegal” firearm is involved? Something tells me that a few pounds of coke automatically makes you a felon and therefore illegal to own a gun.
                I cited one above.

Yes. The Illegal SBR, which would fall under the concept of constructive intent, was an add on charge that isn't material.

They charged him with the crime of possesion of an unregistered SBR simply because he had a complete upper and a rifle lower even though it wasn't assembled.

Comment

Under Chevron, the USSC states that an agency can interpret the law any way it wants

If it wants a "and" to be and "or"

If it wants an "or" to be an "and"

This copulated us on 41F btw

Comment

Working...
                  X