1.5 yr old nubbin buck.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1.5 yr old nubbin buck.

If you have several 1.5 yo 4-6 pointers, would you let a 1.5 yo nubbin buck walk? He doesn’t even break the skin so it would be a anterless tag. We aren’t shooting does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No...you would never know his potential then...imo

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzly1 View Post
      No...you would never know his potential then...imo

True and I understand. But I’m sitting here watching 3 other bucks the same age, 2 4 pointers and a 6. So he’s way behind already. lol. He got ran off so it may be a mute point. Lol

Comment

It’ll eat good with taters

Comment

Sure he is 1.5 and not 6 months old? I have a nubbin that’s 6months old and already the size of his momma.

Comment

Yes let him walk

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
              Sure he is 1.5 and not 6 months old? I have a nubbin that’s 6months old and already the size of his momma.

I’m pretty sure. I guess he could of been a early fawn but really don’t think so.

Comment

1.5 yr old nubbin buck.

Ok y’all convinced me. He will live out the dream of eating my protein and corn for the next 5 years and then I’ll shoot him as a cull. Lol. Just kidding. Y’all did convince me. Probably just wanted to use a anterless tag since we don’t shoot does. Figured I’d found a loop hole.

Comment

Originally posted by brianlg31 View Post
                  Ok y’all convinced me. He will live out the dream of eating my protein and corn for the next 5 years and then I’ll shoot him as a cull. Lol. Just kidding. Y’all did convince me. Probably just wanted to use a anterless tag since we don’t shoot does. Figured I’d found a loop hole.

Why don't you shoot does?

Comment

Originally posted by No-Tox View Post
                    Why don't you shoot does?

We don’t have that many for some reason. On average I see 15-25 bucks at my feeder with 4-5 does. It’s crazy. And with only 2 buck tags it dam near impossible to change it.

Comment

I would let him walk. I don’t shoot anything that is less than 2.5.

Comment

We don’t have that many for some reason. On average I see 15-25 bucks at my feeder with 4-5 does. It’s crazy. And with only 2 buck tags it dam near impossible to change it.

If you can legally shoot it, aren't braking the lease agreement and want some meat paint the arrow red!!

On the other point, balancing the buck to doe ratio. If you need some deer removed to balance the the ratio find some young peeps and introduce them to hunting. Win, win all the way around.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                          If you can legally shoot it, aren't braking the lease agreement and want some meat paint the arrow red!!

On the other point, balancing the buck to doe ratio. If you need some deer removed to balance the the ratio find some young peeps and introduce them to hunting.

Would love too. Lease rules prevent it. Meat wasn’t the reason. Just looking to reduce the buck numbers. If you have 4 bucks all the same age, 3 with 4 points or more why feed the one that hasn’t even broken the skin. Sure he “ could “ be something but chances are the other 3 will be better. In my through process. But this is only my 3rd yr into ever having a place where only seeing 10 bucks is a slow day.

Comment

Would love too. Lease rules prevent it. Meat wasn’t the reason. Just looking to reduce the buck numbers. If you have 4 bucks all the same age, 3 with 4 points or more why feed the one that hasn’t even broken the skin. Sure he “ could “ be something but chances are the other 3 will be better. In my through process. But this is only my 3rd yr into ever having a place where only seeing 10 bucks is a slow day.

Totally understand about the lease agreement and that's probably why I will never be on a lease. I get that its about management but what about having a better buck to doe ratio??

Comment

I am at the other end of the fight. After what you have said I would have shot it. The area needs to bring down the buck population in a big way for the next 5 or so years.
                              You might want to find another place to hunt.
                              Where I hunt we are discussing mature 8 pointers verses teen 10 pointers...............

Comment

Working...
                              X