2019 LBJ Grassland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ready?!?!?

I’ve been ready since I walked out of the woods at the end of last season! Lol. Just bought some new trail cams and ready to get out there next days off and put em up. Saw a lot of activity during turkey season. Walked up on a few bucks who’ve shed. Really looking forward to this season.

Comment

Originally posted by FeetDown View Post
      Ha, glad I wasn't the only one looking like an idiot waving a stick around everywhere. Missed a few and worked on my ninja dance. Is it Fall yet?
      I'm a little girl when it comes to spiders/snakes/bugs.

Comment

i'll have to suck it up and make the drive out reasonably soon to see if they burned my preferred unit

Comment

Originally posted by icon6669 View Post
          i'll have to suck it up and make the drive out reasonably soon to see if they burned my preferred unit
          You should hope they did.

Comment

Anybody had success hunting over waterholes during early season?

Comment

Finally got to view my pics from Dec - May. Lots of deer, few pigs, one coyote and two bobcats plus the assorted raccoons, possum and armadillos.

Also had someone walking around with an AR in March. Same person came back in April. That camera was pointing at a camera that was stolen although they were a decent ways apart. That area looks like it will be productive this year. Activity died off when spring growth really took off. Most of my hog shots were middle of the day, out in the open in front of God and everybody. Stupid pigs. There going down this year.

I have one shooter buck shown in December. Late afternoon. If he made it I'll be waiting for him come October.

Comment

I’m planning on going to LBJ this weekend and do some scouting I have 3 lone wolf sticks for 100$ if somebody is interested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Anybody know what this plant is called I got stuck in the knee pretty good and my knee got swollen kind of curious what it is

Comment

Bull Nettle

Comment

Originally posted by Froggy View Post
                      Bull Nettle

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by hogman$ View Post
                        Thank you

Only takes one time to learn what Bull-nettle is.
                        (My first was in grade school)

The smaller plants can be the worst as they're spines are sometimes very very fine and small. Look closely at your knee to make sure you don't still have some in ya.

It's something else in Texas ya just have to watch out for when traversing the great outdoors here. Should clear up in a day or three. Hope ya find relief quickly.

Comment

I've been meaning to get out and check cams. Just so hot. Had the opportunity to go this am but chose to stay home. My wife is pregnant with our second due Aug 24, so not sure how much more time I'll have to scout before season. I set a cam up over a waterhole again after I saw a bunch of tracks in there. We'll see what's happening in there soon!

Comment

Checked cams

Checked cams the other day and have an good 8 on one cam. Also found a feeder someone used last year or so smh.

Comment

Originally posted by gbrison View Post
                              Checked cams the other day and have an good 8 on one cam. Also found a feeder someone used last year or so smh.
                              yep its crazy the things you find on public land i scouted some other place last weekend i found a cabin in the woods i'm talking bunk beds tables huge heater pots and pans everything but food and way in there to

Comment

Originally posted by hogman$ View Post
                                yep its crazy the things you find on public land i scouted some other place last weekend i found a cabin in the woods i'm talking bunk beds tables huge heater pots and pans everything but food and way in there to
                                That's sketchy!

Comment

Working...
                                X