No announcement yet.

2020 Select Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went to a local baseball complex and watched some younger kids. Coach pitch age- Fun times. I miss those days allready. Now he drives himself, eat Whataburger on way home. Y’all enjoy and cherish

Comment

Glen may be coaching 8 year olds by spring.[emoji23]

Mine went to his 3rd short lesson with his new coach today. If he doesn’t get to put on cleats, hit on a field, and throw some dudes out, pretty soon...he is liable to fire me! He’s enjoying basketball, already won one ship (mad they don’t give out rings), and has another to win in a couple weeks...but he is ready to baseball in the worst kind of way!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

For you local guys in the Spring,Tomball and surrounding areas Nations is have a scrimmage weekend on February 1-2 for a umpires clinic and they are playing 2 games on Saturday and 1 on Sunday so everyone is done by 12:30 before the super bowl. The price is $200 per team good way to work the boys out before spring hits. Go on Nations and sign up limited sports available. Just passing on some info.

Comment

My youngest did some hitting with his team Sunday and my oldest has his first pitching lesson tomorrow... I guess baseball season is a'comin.

Comment

My son is ready as well. We are on a new 13U team this year. We played 4-5 fall tournaments already and we really love the team and the Coach. Been practicing two days a week since September. Once a week on the field and once in the cages. Hoping for a great season.

Comment

We are going over 12u world series options right now, we wanted to do Gulf Shores but that means playing at least 5 USSSA tourneys and we don't want to do that.

Seems like the majority of parents want to do a beach trip, anyone have suggestions? I've checked Triple Crown, and NCS and the only one I could find was in Myrtle Beach in mid-July and we want to be done playing by July... Any other options I'm missing for a June World Series at the beach?

I mentioned Cooperstown, Pigeon Forge, Park Cities and Omaha and didn't have much interest...

Edit: there were some Triple Crown tourneys in Cali but I'm not sure that's an option for cost reasons, seems like most wanted an East coast trip.
              Last edited by jshouse; 01-24-2020, 08:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                We are going over 12u world series options right now, we wanted to do Gulf Shores but that means playing at least 5 USSSA tourneys and we don't want to do that.

Seems like the majority of parents want to do a beach trip, anyone have suggestions? I've checked Triple Crown, and NCS and the only one I could find was in Myrtle Beach in mid-July and we want to be done playing by July... Any other options I'm missing for a June Works Series at the beach?

I mentioned Cooperstown, Pigeon Forge, Park Cities and Omaha and didn't have much interest...

Edit: there were some Triple Crown tourneys in Cali but I'm not sure that's an option for cost reasons, seems like most wanted an East coast trip.
                We did Pigeon Forge last year and it is amazing! Great event, venue, and we spent every hour away from baseball in the Smoky Mountains.

Comment

Originally posted by salth2o View Post
                  We did Pigeon Forge last year and it is amazing! Great event, venue, and we spent every hour away from baseball in the Smoky Mountains.
                  All I've heard is great things about it. We have a parent meeting Feb 4, I'm gonna push for it.

Comment

Welp, Pigeon Forge is already sold out...

Comment

That sucks.. i also have read/heard nothing but good things about pigeon forge

Comment

We went to Cooperstown last year and I enjoyed it very much. But, it is expensive as all get out. The kicker is you can only do it when you're 12 years old, so its a once in a lifetime deal. We are doing the Slump Buster in Omaha this year during the College World Series.

Comment

Originally posted by b.latiolais View Post
                          We went to Cooperstown last year and I enjoyed it very much. But, it is expensive as all get out. The kicker is you can only do it when you're 12 years old, so its a once in a lifetime deal. We are doing the Slump Buster in Omaha this year during the College World Series.
                          That sounds awesome

Comment

Originally posted by b.latiolais View Post
                            We did it 2 years ago at 10u, great trip. Downtown Omaha around the stadium is awesome with the restaurants and bars and the college games were great... You will have a good time

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                              We did it 2 years ago at 10u, great trip. Downtown Omaha around the stadium is awesome with the restaurants and bars and the college games were great... You will have a good time
                              Yea we went to the CWS back in 2013 and had a great time. This time we are actually playing ball too. I cant wait.

Comment

Practices just started for my boy in his second select season. He plays for the 8u Tobasco cats out of League City. Basketball and lessons has held him over since the fall tournament ended, but hes biting at the bit to get on with the spring/ summer season. I believe our first tournament is mid february and the boys are looking pretty good!

Comment

Working...
                                X