2020 Select Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by glen View Post
    That’s funny Stuck. For probably 5 years the only thing I say to my kid before games is “Don’t Suck”. After games it is just “That sucked or You Didn’t Suck that up”. It’s now almost a joke.
    Best advice I can give you guys is Don’t talk about the game or their outing after the game - Go feed the growing kid and if they talk just listen.
    We usually have a quick talk in the car. I ask the same 2 questions, what did you do good today? What did you do wrong? Mainly just to see what his answer is. I’ll also ask him what he was thinking at certain pivotal points or odd plays. This question has really made it easier for me to just watch and enjoy the game. He tells me what he did or why he did not do something. It shows me there is a thought process and he is understanding and that no matter how much I think he needs me to tell him what to do at certain times, he doesn’t.

Quick funny story from the mind of an 11yr old. Last year he was behind the plate, bases loaded, 2 outs. The coach gets his attention and reminds him “drop strike 3, just step on the plate”. Sure enough strike 3 down the middle, sticks it, opens glove, picks up the ball and steps on the plate.

Comment

Awesome. last weekend my 4th graders basketball team was up big so with a few mins left the coach told logan, "once you get across halfcourt just slow down and hold the ball." so, that's what he did, he stops dribbling and holds the ball for a 5 count and a turnover. the coach apologized and laughed it off.
      Last edited by jshouse; 01-17-2020, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuck View Post
        We usually have a quick talk in the car. I ask the same 2 questions, what did you do good today? What did you do wrong? Mainly just to see what his answer is. I’ll also ask him what he was thinking at certain pivotal points or odd plays. This question has really made it easier for me to just watch and enjoy the game. He tells me what he did or why he did not do something. It shows me there is a thought process and he is understanding and that no matter how much I think he needs me to tell him what to do at certain times, he doesn’t.

Quick funny story from the mind of an 11yr old. Last year he was behind the plate, bases loaded, 2 outs. The coach gets his attention and reminds him “drop strike 3, just step on the plate”. Sure enough strike 3 down the middle, sticks it, opens glove, picks up the ball and steps on the plate.
        Lol.. he follows orders dad!![emoji1787]

Comment

I read through a lot of this stuff from you guys with older kids and think to myself...

"Yep, agree...that's how I do it"
          "Oh that's a good idea...I'll have to remember that"
          "Man that's a solid plan...these dudes are sharp as a tack"
          "Uh oh........"
          "Oh man, I really been screwin that up"
          "I've ruined him forever..."
          "Don't answer the door! It's probably CPS!"

Comment

Haha

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
              I read through a lot of this stuff from you guys with older kids and think to myself...

"Uh oh........"

Correct

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post

"Uh oh........"

Exactly!

Comment

Granddad “won” Luke a Custom Glove from Nokona at a silent auction.

We went up after Christmas and picked it out with Granddad! Pretty cool experience! Glove should be here in a few weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Last edited by ShockValue; 01-17-2020, 04:28 PM.

Comment

The Storey family is awesome. I’m blessed to have Nocona Athletic on my resume.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockValue View Post
                      Granddad “won” Luke a Custom Glove from Nokona at a silent auction.

We went up after Christmas and picked it out with Granddad! Pretty cool experience! Glove should be here in a few weeks.

Brady’s grandad bought him his Nocona 3 years ago, it has been a fantastic piece of gear. Their pneumatic break in machine is a huge head start, and we took it back last year and they tightened some laces and replaced some others. I like their glove conditioner as well.

Comment

Driving by the little league fields last year and looking how small the 5 and 6 year old kids are and how mad I use to get at my son for playing in the dirt and not paying attention at that age. Looking back I should have enjoyed the moment more because it goes by so fast. He is 14U now and I never say anything negative to him during games. I still give him chin music in our batting cage when I am pitching to him when he smarts off. Maybe 10 years from now I'll feel bad about that as well.

Comment

Had our first practice Tuesday and the boys looked pretty good for being of 2 months. Still need to work the rust off, but things look pretty good. Started the long toss and tee work couple more weeks start infield and outfield work.

Comment

Same.. was actually impressed..boys came focused ..and determined.
                            New kids gelled pretty quick to a new routine and core went above and beyond to make them feel part of the team..
                            Excited for them and glad to be back at the field.

Tan catching one of the new 10U kids.
                            Last edited by systemnt; 01-17-2020, 09:58 PM.

Comment

Watching a few of our boys at a select30 tourney in california..
                              Technology is a cool thing

Comment

Id be all for banning aluminum bats in indoor batting cages..
                                Gonna have to start wearing ear protection to watch kids lessons.

Comment

Working...
                                X