Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
    About right based on my experience--

There are 3 things you pay for when getting an implant. The implant itself, the abutment that goes into the implant, and the crown that goes on the abutment. Depending on your location the price and vary drastically for an individual implant, abutment, and crown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Sharecropper View Post
      If I refer 3 do get mine free/reduced?. . lol

#Jimbohasablackcatbone

Maybe

Comment

Originally posted by 312InchMagnum View Post
        That’s an understatement! AND she is a bow hunter!!!!

texastornado?

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
          texastornado?

Bruh.... [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

I have had 1 tooth done but it was mostly covered by insurance due to root canal but the son gun broke in half within 6 months!

Comment

Oh no, that's such a bummer! Getting a tooth done and then having it break within 6 months must have been really frustrating, especially after going through a root canal. Insurance coverage is a silver lining, though. Hopefully, you can get it fixed again without too much hassle!

Comment

Between my dentist and the oral surgeon one implant and crown cost me ~$8k.

Comment

One way to weed out the good guys from the bad is to ask the brand of implants that the dentist/surgeon uses. If it's not one of the top 4-5 manufacturers (Astra, Nobel, Straumann, Biohorizons), steer clear. These companies warranty their implants and the restorations that go on them, and parts are readily available if something breaks. Most of the chains use off brand implants, and those are the ones that I have to try to rescue all the time. Often, these clinics can't even tell me what kind or size of implant they placed. There is a lot of crap being done out there unfortunately, and it really ****** me off, because I have to convince patients that implants are a really good, successful treatment when they have a friend or relative that had a bad experience.

Comment

I had a root canal (twice on the same tooth) and then a crown put on it, $2,000. It still hurts so I went to another dentist and was told root canals are only successful 85% of the time. He also said they were so iffy that they don't do them, they go straight to an implant. I'm not sure who to believe anymore but that sounds wrong. I'm looking at $3,000 for an implant now.

Comment

Originally posted by kevin nicholls View Post
                      I had a root canal (twice on the same tooth) and then a crown put on it, $2,000. It still hurts so I went to another dentist and was told root canals are only successful 85% of the time. He also said they were so iffy that they don't do them, they go straight to an implant. I'm not sure who to believe anymore but that sounds wrong. I'm looking at $3,000 for an implant now.
                      Your dentist is right that the failure rate on root canal treatments is about 15%. The failure rate on the second root canal on the same tooth is in excess of 50%. At that point, an implant is probably the best option.
                      Last edited by ultrastealth; 06-29-2023, 07:52 AM.

Comment

That's the same numbers he gave. Thanks for verifying that.

Comment

Working...
                        X