No announcement yet.

Best BBQ in Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not to be Thread Kidnapper, however if you're from Tyler, you had to have tried Country Tavern, specifically their ribs? Please can you and or anyone else jump in and let me know your thoughts? I'm from the DFW area, I've tried Country Taverns ribs and literally 85% of the other places mentioned and it appears that the heart of Barbecue lies in Central Texas. I'm just curious if I've missed my mark on this East Texas Rib institution? Is this the case, what say you?
    Last edited by Rick Moore; 10-28-2019, 08:26 PM.

Comment

In deep east Texas they serve baked beans with bbq. [emoji2369]

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
        In deep east Texas they serve baked beans with bbq. [emoji2369]

Which is why they are wrong. Sweet beans with barbeque is weird, pork'n beans are cool with a burger or bologna sandwich.

Comment

Best BBQ in Texas

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
          Corkscrew in Spring...

Opened this thread in the Tapatalk app, and came back to the beginning to see if Corkscrew was mentioned. Lol. The first reply.
          Best I’ve had, only speaking in comparison of greater DFW bbq joints. Heim, Angelos, hard eight, railhead, coopers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Last edited by Vantage Point; 10-28-2019, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vantage Point View Post
            Opened this thread in the Tapatalk app, and came back to the beginning to see if Corkscrew was mentioned. Lol. The first reply.
            Best I’ve had, only speaking in comparison of greater DFW bbq joints. Heim, Angleos, hard eight, railhead, coopers

X2 on Corkscrew in Spring and the Feedstore in Southlake.

Comment

Rudy’s

Loco Coyote out between Glen Rose and Stephenville.

Hard 8 is ok
              Hammonds ok

Heard things about 407 from guys at work might have to try.

Comment

Southside Market has the best sausage.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Moore View Post
                  Not to be Thread Kidnapper, however if you're from Tyler, you had to have tried Country Tavern, specifically their ribs? Please can you and or anyone else jump in and let me know your thoughts? I'm from the DFW area, I've tried Country Taverns ribs and literally 85% of the other places mentioned and it appears that the heart of Barbecue lies in Central Texas. I'm just curious if I've missed my mark on this East Texas Rib institution? Is this the case, what say you?
                  Took a road trip and tried Country Tavern over the weekend and I have to say that their ribs lived up to every good thing I ever heard. Some of the best I have had. Sides of potato casserole and spicy jalapeño mac and cheese were equally fantastic and a welcome change from the everyday potatoe salad and baked beans so many other places have. If you like banana pudding save room for it. They bring a big chilled pedistal bowl of it, lined with homemade sugar cookies.

Comment

The east Texas baked beans rear their ugly head again. Lol.

Comment

Taylor's Smokehouse in downtown Corsicana is great. If you like a good, rich smoke, they know how to do it.

Comment

My day in and day out favorite is Coastal Que in Matagorda. They are local to me and convenient and they crank out some excellent BBQ. My favorites are their beef ribs, brisket and pork belly. If you are in the area they are worth looking up, but they are not open all year so call before you drive down. They are closed now and won't re-open until the spring.

I have eaten at a ton of the places mentioned already and there are a whole bunch of places that I think make excellent BBQ. The gap has closed quite a bit from top to bottom. I don't think I could pick one and only one best bbq place. There is just so much good BBQ out there now.

Comment

Originally posted by Coastal Ducks View Post
                          My day in and day out favorite is Coastal Que in Matagorda. They are local to me and convenient and they crank out some excellent BBQ. My favorites are their beef ribs, brisket and pork belly. If you are in the area they are worth looking up, but they are not open all year so call before you drive down. They are closed now and won't re-open until the spring.

I have eaten at a ton of the places mentioned already and there are a whole bunch of places that I think make excellent BBQ. The gap has closed quite a bit from top to bottom. I don't think I could pick one and only one best bbq place. There is just so much good BBQ out there now.
                          Bottom paragraph is spot on. I don't even bother cooking briskets anymore. Too easy to stop in and grab a quick lunch with brisket just about as good as can be. Creekside Cookers trailer in Wimberley has brisket greatness.

Comment

Hutchins in McKinney and Tender in Celina are my favorite. But I don't travel much.

Comment

Texas BBQ is not about sides. The only sides needed are beans, white bread, jalapenos, pickles and onions. Maybe a slice of cheese.

thoughts on fried okra? along with beans its my favorite side with BBQ.

Originally posted by Rick Moore View Post
                              i used to hunt in kilgore and we would hit the country tavern every friday night when we went out there, ribs were awesome i havent been back in about 7 or 8 years though.

Comment

Texas BBQ is not about sides. The only sides needed are beans, white bread, jalapenos, pickles and onions. Maybe a slice of cheese.

I would add a good tater salad and cole slaw to your list. I also like a good sauce to sop up with my white bread.

I agree with the post above and thought Salt Lick was lacking with sides. I didn't care for them anyway. I wasn't a huge fan of the bbq but it wasn't bad.

Comment

Working...
                                X