sabine national forest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marshman View Post
    What have you heard about it from them? Do they like it? Is it a goo club to be in with good people?
    There are some good deer on it but there are some outlaws that shoot anything. I just hunt the Moore and love it!!!

Comment

Have all the SNF guys given up? I need a little moral support. Going into the big woods again this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by buckmastertexas View Post
        Have all the SNF guys given up? I need a little moral support. Going into the big woods again this weekend.
        Been awefully quiet on here that's for sure.

Comment

Buckmaster hang in there, It ain't over yet. I hunt the SHNF and have seen and taken some good bucks in the late season. Question for SNF hunters, does the rut start around Halloween for yaw?

Comment

one more bump...

Comment

Anyone hunting muzzloader on SNF or the Moore Plantation? I'm thinking of giving it a try this weekend, depending on the weather.

Comment

Goodluck marshman, wish I was hitting the SNF as well. Had plans to this weekend, but deacon duty called instead. Weather should be cold enough! Hope you load the meat wagon. Let us know how you do.

Comment

well who's going the last weekend for one last hunt?

Comment

Anyone putting in some scouting time? I've been twice this month. It sure has grown up since last year.

Comment

I'm glad to see this thread. I just got a camp at six mile. Not going to be deer hunting up there but I'll be trying to do some duck hunting around six mile. If any of you see a black F250 with a TBH sticker right above a PSE sticker that's me.

Comment

This thread is quiet this year...lol

Comment

Duck hunting on Six Mile

I use to duck hunt a lot on Six Mile, as I have a camp there, as well. It use to really twist my tail when people would go out the night before and put out decoys, thinking that reserved the spot they wanted to hunt, and then sleep in the next morning, coming out right before daylight. This is public property, not a duck lease. I have had to move people's decoys several times, and put mine out. Also explained to these people that this is public property and first come, first served. Some of these screwballs, put out their decoys and just leave them there all season, never picking them up! I personally know of 2 spreads that disappeared off of Six Mile, due to these inconsiderate practices.

Comment

Don't get me wrong, I like hunting big waters for big ducks... But that is exactly the reason I hunt creeks and sloughs. You have to deal with those kinds of idiots that think that's their spot. I bought a kayak, and now I go places walk in's and boats can't go.

Comment

Six Mile

Hey DCT, what part of Six Mile do you have a camp on?

Comment

Originally posted by sm000 View Post
                                Don't get me wrong, I like hunting big waters for big ducks... But that is exactly the reason I hunt creeks and sloughs. You have to deal with those kinds of idiots that think that's their spot. I bought a kayak, and now I go places walk in's and boats can't go.
                                There are all kinds of people there. I was putting a trot line in a specific location on Six Mile, and baiting it with perch. I would come back to check it, and find gold fish on the hooks. Some one was running it, and rebaiting it. I had a stainless steel tag, with my name and date on it, so they knew the trot line was not abandoned. I tried for 2 weeks to catch them, and finally just moved the line.

Comment

Working...
                                X