No announcement yet.

2018 LBJ Grasslands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is a great chance I will be out Mon-Thurs for some afternoon sits. Should be done working by 2pm everyday so it is go time again. My wife had to buy meat at the store today so I need to go get after it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post
      Alarm is set for 3:00am, truck is packed, and the temp is dropping. Time for a COLD and miserable 3 days of hunting. Hopefully I stick something to make all the crappy weather worth it!

Hope you packed your rain gear. Good luck!

Comment

Well, I had to escape to the truck to dry off in the heat. The rain was coming in sideways this morning, and I had about 5 inches of exposed fabric between my inseam and belt. Needless to say, that wicked moisture all the way down to my socks. It was a COLD morning being soaked to the bone.

Pulled 2 cameras in the rain on the way out. Not much to speak of since September.
        The radar looks like most of the heavy stuff is past for the day, so I will be heading back out in a couple hours. I might have to find a 24hour laundromat and dry everything if it keeps this up... I knew I should have found the money for waterproof pants.

Comment

Well, I had to escape to the truck to dry off in the heat. The rain was coming in sideways this morning, and I had about 5 inches of exposed fabric between my inseam and belt. Needless to say, that wicked moisture all the way down to my socks. It was a COLD morning being soaked to the bone.

Pulled 2 cameras in the rain on the way out. Not much to speak of since September.
          The radar looks like most of the heavy stuff is past for the day, so I will be heading back out in a couple hours. I might have to find a 24hour laundromat and dry everything if it keeps this up... I knew I should have found the money for waterproof pants.

Good luck and keep us posted. I went to a laundromat last year in Decatur to dry some things after hanging a stand opening weekend last year. I think there's also one in Alvord which is probably closer but not sure on the hours.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice determination! I bought a pop up blind and set it up last Friday. I didn't realize it needed poles for the roof and they were not included. I ended up needing to prop up the blind to keep from the cold rain and used my quiver to do so. Not the best morning of hunting and the rain got me pretty bad. Not to mention my left waterproof boot seemed to have a leak. I went back to nap until the storm let up and spooked 3 doe on my way back. Keep us posted!

Comment

Guess I wasn’t the only one playing when will the rain stop. Pulled up as two people were walking in to the same unit I planned to hunt. First time in 4 years I’ve seen anyone else at this unit. Didn’t see any climbers Or harnesses so probably got a pop up already set up or sitting on the wet ground. Good luck to anyone else out here

Comment

Well crap.... literally.
                Two emergency dumps by the time I could make it to the truck. Almost ran out of paper! Pretty sure that means my night is done. I jumped 3 deer on the way out too...

Came out to the first truck I’ve ever had on a weekday at this unit. If you were the red GMC 4X4, I sure hope I didn’t tear through your setup.

Comment

Nah Not me. Sorry for the Bubble guts. What did you have

Comment

Wife just saw a nice buck up and moving across the road in NW Tarrant County. Be ready

Comment

Weathered the storm for a good 6 hours out there today, this being only my fourth time out with bow in hand. Focused on one unit in particular for my first 3.5 sits, fresh deer tracks every time but no sightings. Plenty of pigs, saw a pack of 6 last Thursday (harvested one) and two packs on Friday (5 and 4). Swung into a different unit on my way out about 2:30 pm to do some recon since there were no trucks. Strong evidence of hunting pressure. Spooked a doe and fawn. Spooked in return by the same number of game wardens. Any one have any luck rattling out or calling out there?

Comment

2018 LBJ Grasslands

Originally posted by Jtaps View Post
                        Nah Not me. Sorry for the Bubble guts. What did you have

Nothing that I can think of that would have caused that. I hadn’t eaten for 22 hours, so it wasn’t a food handling issue.
                        Worried it may be a bug.

Last edited by IkemanTX; 10-15-2018, 06:31 PM.

Comment

Well crap.... literally.
                          Two emergency dumps by the time I could make it to the truck. Almost ran out of paper! Pretty sure that means my night is done. I jumped 3 deer on the way out too...

Came out to the first truck I’ve ever had on a weekday at this unit. If you were the red GMC 4X4, I sure hope I didn’t tear through your setup.

Prob me in the Red Chevy. No setup just doing some stalking. Couldn’t bare sitting still in this weather so didn’t bring my climber. About 15 min after first light had a nice shooter buck. He spotted me before I saw him, ran right in front of me. That was the pattern for me today. Had one lone doe, perfect wind and had a stare off at about 50 yards. She split. 4 more doe spotted me about 100 yards out around 1230. Blew and tailed it outa there. They were definitely on there feet today.

Comment

Man I wish I was out there. I can't get out until Saturday. Mostly a weekend warrior but I've got about 6 week days I'm taking off in late Oct/early Nov. I'm anxious!

Comment

Gonna try to get out there tomorrow hopefully I see something between storms

Comment

Originally posted by Alex1126 View Post
                                Gonna try to get out there tomorrow hopefully I see something between storms
                                Likewise... Will likely be doing some stalking. I'll be in the white Chevy

Comment

Working...
                                X