How are some hunting shows aired?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How are some hunting shows aired?

I feel of the some new hunting shows that are aired could Been made by a child. I am watching game gear on the pursuit channel and they said they shot a mature buck , yet it was a pencil legged, small sized immature nice young buck. Don't get my wrong there are some very sharp shows they are awesome but a bunch of new ones are almost unwatchable. Sorry for my Grief but it's been driving me insane

I hear ya

Comment

its been like that for years. I had an old monster bucks video tape (ya'll remember those?) and bob foulkrod shot a 2 1/2 year old ten point at the perlitz ranch in encinal, just to have something on tape. If I was the owners of the ranch I would have gone ballistic over that.

T.V show hunting sucks, period. unless its its something like Jim Shockey or best of the west

Comment

About all it takes now is $$$$$$.

Comment

So change the channel.

DJ

Comment

yeah, most of them are just grab a**, and 5 minutes of hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by huntingfanatic View Post
              About all it takes now is $$$$$$.
              most of the shows who have contacted us want to come film a show for free.

very little money gets exchanged for them to tape in texas

Comment

Don't watch 'em and they will go away.

Comment

Originally posted by txtrophy85 View Post
                  most of the shows who have contacted us want to come film a show for free.

very little money gets exchanged for them to tape in texas
                  What I think he means is anyone with a camera and $$$$$ to pay the "channel" of choice can get "air" time.

I don't have the channel anymore so I'm not sure about all the new shows at the current time.

Comment

I you have the mega bucks, $100,000+ the show has to pay to put I believe 12 episodes on the outdoor channel or any of the others, then they will probably let you put it on no matter how bad it is. None of these shows are being paid to have their show on TV, at least that is what I was told by one of the biggest if not the biggest show producers in teh business.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                      I you have the mega bucks, $100,000+ the show has to pay to put I believe 12 episodes on the outdoor channel or any of the others, then they will probably let you put it on no matter how bad it is. None of these shows are being paid to have their show on TV, at least that is what I was told by one of the biggest if not the biggest show producers in teh business.
                      This is true but I'm not sure on how much it cost to get a show on the Outdoor channel. This is the reason that most shows are more into advertising then hunting as they have to pay all their bills through advertising. This is why when people complain about a hunting show being nothing more then product advertising they should be complaining to the network not the show because it's the only way a show can pay it's bills. This is also why you see such a big turnover in shows, that can't get the money from advertisers to cover their cost.

Comment

Jim Shockey told me face to face that is cost him $112,000 to put I beleive 13 episodes onto the Outdoor Channel and this was in 2007. I was lucky enough and shared a hunting camp with him. He said at that particular time that if he broke even on the costs of producing the show, paying for the hunts (although discounted on most) and getting it aired, he felt very, very lucky. he used at that time the shows he produced as advertising for his guiding business in Canada. I am just repeating what he told me.

Comment

I watched some show filmed in texas this past week. Believe the guys last name was Martin. Maybe Justin Martin. Shot a doe through the back side of the back leg as the deer turned completely away from camera and said he smoked her. She was dead as the angle allowed arrow to run up in here, but I just changed the channel.....

Comment

i'm just at a loss every time I watch a show, that I ever killed a deer before they invented scentlock camo, underarmour body wear, the savage accutrigger or hornady superformance.

I need to go buy some lotto tickets cause I'm a lucky dude

Comment

When I was filming, the networks gave us a "shot list"; what they would and wouldn't show. Feeders and high fence were high on the list of No No's. We worked hard to make sure thier wishes were met, but every week I saw show after show hunting over a feeder or such. On one hunt with a big wig from the Pursuit Channel I asked, "why set these guidelines if you are not going to stick to them?"
                              I was told that they had open slots to fill and anyone who would pay to buy the airtime were taken on. If not hunting shows, then little blue pills or knive or any other infomercial. Sucks for the guys doing it right. I still can't stand a show that is self filmed or is obviously "out there"....
                              Money talks and as long as folks pay for the airtime, they will show what they want. I could go on for days, but I might hurt someone's feelings..

Comment

Working...
                              X