No announcement yet.

Hunting hogs in the morning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First one I ever killed was in a sounder feeding about 2 hrs. after daylight.

Recently I was re-loading corn into the feeder around 9am when a boar walked up to 15 yds before realizing I was there.... without a weapon, of course.

Comment

Haven't been a sucessful in the morning as night hunting. But it also depends on the hunting pressure.

Comment

on the place I guide on, the hotter it gets the more we are seeing pigs in the mornings, feeders go off at 6, but if they don't show after 7:30 or so you generally won't see any that sit. also right now they are coming out about 15 min before dark

Comment

We have killed alot in the AM. My son killed a big boar this past Sat morning.

Comment

Definately see more activity in the late afternoons/evenings but have killed a few in the AM, esp when cold outside (hunt in Llano).

Comment

I've only killed two in the morning, and they were at the same time

Comment

I've never had much success in the morning

Comment

I'm about half and half on morning vs. evening. It's just harder for me to get up in the mornings so I hunt the evening a little more.

Comment

I've killed them in the morning but I don't bother hunting mornings for hogs (unless its with a client) because I'm so much more successful evenings and nights.

Comment

I have had and seen more hogs in the evening hands down.
                      Last edited by LilHoss; 07-01-2013, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X