Hill country public fishing spots?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hill country public fishing spots?

I know nobody likes to give up good spots but i'm going stir crazy on the weekends ! Anybody know of any good spots to fish in a county not in a stay home order?

Folks have been catching some whites on the Pedernales at Reimers Ranch, which is operated by Travis County Parks. Another Travis County Park you might want to check out is Pace Bend. Right now you can catch bass on square bills and smoke glitter grubs about anywhere on the lake you can find bank access. Pace Bend (and maybe other TC parks) have waved entrance fees, so access if free.

If you are down for a drive, head to Llano. There is lots of public access to the river. As long as you are in it, you are not trespassing.

Comment

FYI.....Fishing is one of the "Outdoor Activities" you can do even in a shelter county.

Comment

The parks are closed I believe

Comment

Originally posted by TCB View Post
          FYI.....Fishing is one of the "Outdoor Activities" you can do even in a shelter county.
          ah. Good to know. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by simek View Post
            Folks have been catching some whites on the Pedernales at Reimers Ranch, which is operated by Travis County Parks. Another Travis County Park you might want to check out is Pace Bend. Right now you can catch bass on square bills and smoke glitter grubs about anywhere on the lake you can find bank access. Pace Bend (and maybe other TC parks) have waved entrance fees, so access if free.

If you are down for a drive, head to Llano. There is lots of public access to the river. As long as you are in it, you are not trespassing.
            Good info. I appreciate it.

Comment

Golf course ponds in San Antonio are open..... hehehe

Comment

Originally posted by joel45acp View Post
                Golf course ponds in San Antonio are open..... hehehe
                Lots of good fishing to be done at most of them, heard from a friend

Comment

First this - https://tpwd.texas.gov/publications/...k0700_1216.pdf

And then this - https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer...afs_dplQ3wdYTg

Comment

Working...
                  X