Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jcjohnson View Post
    HOFer no doubt but...it’s time
    Agreed! I hate when guys tarnish there legacy with moves like this. Montana, Rice, Brady,...….it does not seem to be money with the majority. Just don't recognize that it is over.

Comment

I wish him good luck! Heck of a player a few years back.

Comment

Who is Jason witten ?

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
          Agreed! I hate when guys tarnish there legacy with moves like this. Montana, Rice, Brady,...….it does not seem to be money with the majority. Just don't recognize that it is over.
          None of their careers are tarnished

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
            Not from a talent standpoint but from a perception stand point. All the guys I mentioned went into the HOF (or will) go in 1st ballot.......with the team they played for 99% of their career......lol!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
              Agree, I think all 3 of those just wanted play and win.

Comment

In the case of the three that you mentioned, it's more of a case of them not letting someone else dictate when it was over. I don't know who will be the Pats QB next year, but I bet he's not as good as a 43 year old Brady. Montana got sent packing because Young was waiting to get the job and the 49ers thought it was time....Montana didn't. Rice was already the greatest receiver of all time when the 49ers decided he wasn't worth what he wanted to be paid anymore. The next two seasons in Oakland he caught 175 passes for 2400 yards....He's Jerry ****ing Rice and he'll let you know when he's done.

Comment

Emmitt, Peyton, and countless others all tarnished.....smh. I mean, they could have left 3 years in and not been loyal

Comment

Originally posted by joel45acp View Post
                    Who is Jason witten ?
                    A bad ax tight end who can catch.

Comment

He’s a special player but not Jay!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Oh lawd. I forgot this was a sports discussion......smh also. LOL
                        Hopefully Breezus calls it a day in his SAINTS jersey headed to Canton for storage the next day.

Comment

Talk about sports..how about The Goat going to Tampa. Who coaches TB?

Comment

They don't care what you/I think. Ball players play ball, it's all they know.

I think this is a precursor to coaching for 82. Gruden, and Bissachia out there probably came looking for him. Plus, they have a very troubled, and very gifted young TE out there that I bet they want a mentor for, and if he stumbles, Witt can step in. He got a taste of life on the outside looking in with the MNF deal, and hated not having any impact on the game. Now he can have some impact, and maybe even play while setting up his coaching intro.

82 Is my favorite football player ever, he did a weekly radio show here in town for 6-8 years and these are just my thoughts based on what I've heard him say.

I hope Witten and Watt retire after this year and go into Canton together, 2 of the all time great players, and great dudes the game has ever seen.

Comment

I think you're right Dale, makes sense. 82 is also my favorite player. Only jersey I have ever owned is a Witten jersey. I hate to see him play for another team but I hope it works out for him.

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk

Comment

Witten is one of the few that tried retirement and decided he'd rather play football than talk about it. I liked him as an announcer too.

But if he wants to play, more power to him.

I'm sure it wasn't hard, at his age, to realize the number of years left that he could play is very limited. But the number of years he can be an announcer is a whole lot longer.

Comment

Working...
                                X