No announcement yet.

Post your metal buildings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We built this a little over a year ago in Bertram, I can’t remember the exact numbers, but we saved a lot by doing as much as we could ourselves. The metal came from muller. The concrete was by far the biggest expense. Click image for larger version

Name:	DJI_0012.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	24567910Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3776.jpg
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	24567911

Comment

@lanceodom what are the dimensions on this building? Anymore info on it?

Comment

Originally posted by rowdybass View Post
        We built this a little over a year ago in Bertram, I can’t remember the exact numbers, but we saved a lot by doing as much as we could ourselves. The metal came from muller. The concrete was by far the biggest expense. [ATTACH]943032[/ATTACH][ATTACH]943033[/ATTACH]
        Man I really like how you did the two story style storage/work area in the shop. There is so much dead space and that sir is a great place to put all those things you don't use all that often.

Comment

Originally posted by lanceodom View Post
          Use LED lights, liner panel on inside, go bigger than you think you need.
          Do you have anymore pictures of that outdoor fireplace area?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

As far as insulating a metal shop, what’s the best bang for my buck? I have no idea how much the different types of insulation cost per sq ft.

Comment

Originally posted by rowdybass View Post
              We built this a little over a year ago in Bertram, I can’t remember the exact numbers, but we saved a lot by doing as much as we could ourselves. The metal came from muller. The concrete was by far the biggest expense. [ATTACH]943032[/ATTACH][ATTACH]943033[/ATTACH]
              Sent you a message.

Comment

Thanks dpg 481, I was running outta room on the floor and had a bunch of steel left over, so I decided to put it to use.

Comment

tagging this for, hopefully the near future.

Comment

In Crockett area. Double K did the slab and dirt work. Shoemake did the building. Culpepper did the electric.

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
                      As far as insulating a metal shop, what’s the best bang for my buck? I have no idea how much the different types of insulation cost per sq ft.
                      Vinyl/Kraft backed fiberglass insulation.

Comment

Nice places!!!

Comment

Try to upload some pics. Building a shop-partment in on corner of ours

Comment

Great thread, I'm starting one this month and have been looking for ideas.

Comment

My favorite place

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180928_180317-01_sm.jpg
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	24567955

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post

I went with closed cell spray foam and glad I did. I don’t have anything to compare to but I can tell you it flat works. We are living in our RV inside the shop while our house is being built and the coldest it’s been inside the shop is 55° even when the outside temp is in the 20/30s. We don’t have any heat inside the building. No doubt if it turned into a long term event that it would get colder but I can safely say on average that the inside temp typically stays 25° warmer than the outside temp when it’s below 40°.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X