Stray Bullets Flying Everywhere

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stray Bullets Flying Everywhere

My family owns 300 acres that unfortunately backs up to a run down Hispanic neighborhood. They are constantly shooting guns and trespassing on our property. Last night (New Years) it got western. Of course they were shooting like crazy at midnight and a stray bullet went through my cousins house. Found out later that one went through his neighbors house also. Just a few months ago a bullet went through my brothers A/C compressor and cost him $8000 to replace the entire system. Stray bullets constantly fly onto the property from all different directions and have had several wiz by my head in the past.
    This afternoon I decided to ride around the property and look for any evidence. At 4 pm I came across a Hispanic guy passed out on the dock at our tank with a lighter and joint still in his hand. Called the cops and they didn't even arrest him....just took him home. They always tell me there's nothing they can do if it's not posted. I've had it posted several times and they always tear the signs down.
    They also play music so loud that it keeps me up and I'm over a mile away. One night they played until 5 am. Sheriffs Dept says they can't do anything because it's out of the city limits. Had enough...any suggestions from a legal standpoint other than build a wall around the property? Would like to sell it but that neighborhood had brought the property value down too low. Sad because the place has been in the family for over 150 years.
    Last edited by bowhunting1; 01-01-2017, 08:54 PM.

Build a wall. Post signs. Do what you have to do

Comment

Purple paint on your property boundaries is an acceptable method listed in the penal code to give notice that trespassing is forboden and is criminally enforceable.

Texas penal code 30.05
      (D) the placement of identifying purple paint marks on trees or posts on the property, provided that the marks are:
      (i) vertical lines of not less than eight inches in length and not less than one inch in width;
      (ii) placed so that the bottom of the mark is not less than three feet from the ground or more than five feet from the ground; and
      (iii) placed at locations that are readily visible to any person approaching the property and no more than:
      (a) 100 feet apart on forest land; or
      (b) 1,000 feet apart on land other than forest land; or

Comment

Where is your land? I live near you and know people who are in law enforcement. Pm need if you want.

Comment

Burn the whole thing down? kidding of course.

Comment

Also if there are agricultural crops.
            Or a fence, or livestock,

They are trespassing even if there is no purple paint or signs

Comment

Hispanic? You mean Mexican?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Purple paint on trees is one for sure way they can not take it down. Stay posted up all it takes is one to get shot and all the rest will get the hint, install game cameras on the property line and get evidence that they are coming onto your property. If they have less than 10 acres where they are shooting call the cops and tell them they are shooting and bullets are flying around your house. I don't think you are allowed to shoot on any less than 10 acres

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

what a nightmare.

Comment

Have you tried game wardens? Shooting across fences is a no go too. Doesn't have to be hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by texasair View Post
                      Also if there are agricultural crops.
                      Or a fence, or livestock,

They are trespassing even if there is no purple paint or signs
                      Exactly, and it is cultivated land. No crop on it now but will be planted in corn in a few months.

Comment

Show the LEO's the bullet holes through the houses and see if they just return them home. Call the Border Patrol and see if they are legal or illegal. Stay safe and good luck.

Comment

You can shoot on less than 10 acres you just can't hunt

Comment

Originally posted by Bci2nd View Post
                            Purple paint on your property boundaries is an acceptable method listed in the penal code to give notice that trespassing is forboden and is criminally enforceable.

Texas penal code 30.05
                            (D) the placement of identifying purple paint marks on trees or posts on the property, provided that the marks are:
                            (i) vertical lines of not less than eight inches in length and not less than one inch in width;
                            (ii) placed so that the bottom of the mark is not less than three feet from the ground or more than five feet from the ground; and
                            (iii) placed at locations that are readily visible to any person approaching the property and no more than:
                            (a) 100 feet apart on forest land; or
                            (b) 1,000 feet apart on land other than forest land; or
                            Too many areas to cover. The boundary line next to this neighborhood runs almost 2 miles.

Comment

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
                              You can shoot on less than 10 acres you just can't hunt

That depends on County and City Ordinance.

I hate to say it but that sounds like a dang no win situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X