Ozark Trail Cooler Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
    I bought two of mine for the double cooler rack in my boat, and I went through all 10 the Walmart had to find the two good ones. Almost all of them had an issue with either the lid seal or the drain plugs not fully sealing.
    Bringing this back up to ask the ignorant question how does one check seals in the store aside from verifying they are in place, in intact, and not torn?

Comment

Originally posted by awry View Post
      Bringing this back up to ask the ignorant question how does one check seals in the store aside from verifying they are in place, in intact, and not torn?
      The lids should be hard to open after being closed. You can feel and hear the vacuum being broken. A bad seal would just open without any extra effort.

Comment

Just bought the wife a 25 QT Ozark Trails cooler. $86 buck and the lid was hard as hell to open. The Yeti's at Academy for a 20 QT are listed at $199!

Comment

I bought one at a resale shop for $70. I like it.

Comment

I have a 95 QT Pelican, a 60 QT Cabela's, a 73 QT Ozarks Trails and a 35 QT Pelican and I cannot see a single bit of difference between the 4 as far as ice retention. The Pelican's were a heck of a lot cheaper too when they were bought, $399 for the 95 QT Pelican at Costco!

Comment

Following.

Comment

TTT for a unintended honest review of this cooler. So I bought 2 28qt White Ozark trail (OT) coolers and mounted them to the back of my boat. They are great. I use one as a dry box and the other as a cooler. Sit and stand on them all the time and they just work great.

We went out Sunday for a boat ride and loaded the OT cooler with 12 water bottles and 4 cokes. We took a 28qt Igloo with sandwiches and chips. I bought a 20 pound bag of ice and split it between the 2 coolers equally.

Yesterday I washed the boat before I put it away. Both coolers had been sitting on the deck of the boat all night until noon when I emptied them. The White OT cooler had 2 ice cubes in the bottom of the ice chest. The Dark green Igloo Still has ice in it. A lot of ice. Had I not seen this side by side comparison first hand I would have never cared.

I didn't buy the coolers for their ice holding ability. I bought them because the were stout coolers with good latches and I got a deal on them. For that reason I like them.

I thought I might share this and see if others had any opinions, good or bad.

Comment

Interesting. The Coleman Xtreme Marine have been pretty good but haven't read a comparison like that where an Igloo won out. Do you think yall were in/out of the drink cooler more than the food cooler? Also were the waters and cokes already cold?

Comment

The drinks in the OT cooler were semi cold but the lid on the igloo didn't shot all the way because my wife didn't want to crush the chips. Either way, Igloo still had Ice 18 hours pass the OT cooler.

Sent from my SM-J737A using Tapatalk
                    Last edited by Hoggslayer; 05-12-2020, 05:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X