No announcement yet.

Ozark Trail Cooler Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Royce City has 1 of the 73Qt left after I just bought 2!

Comment

Originally posted by nursejenn View Post
      Royce City has 1 of the 73Qt left after I just bought 2!

Nice score!

Comment

Website says it's gone too...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have the 26 and it won't hold ice for 30 hours sitting in the house with the a/c on 72%

Comment

Originally posted by game stalker View Post
            I have the 26 and it won't hold ice for 30 hours sitting in the house with the a/c on 72%
            Maybe a bad seal? The 52 I bought last week, held 20lbs of ice for 4 days, sitting in the back of my truck the whole time. There's got to be something wrong with it. Could always exchange for a different one.

Comment

Defective Ice maybe...[emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TxHunter06 View Post
                Maybe a bad seal? The 52 I bought last week, held 20lbs of ice for 4 days, sitting in the back of my truck the whole time. There's got to be something wrong with it. Could always exchange for a different one.
                I bought two of mine for the double cooler rack in my boat, and I went through all 10 the Walmart had to find the two good ones. Almost all of them had an issue with either the lid seal or the drain plugs not fully sealing.

Comment

Anyone know where I can get the soft sided near Houston? I haven;t been able to find any around Tomball/Woodlands area.

Comment

Originally posted by Scubasteveo View Post
                    Anyone know where I can get the soft sided near Houston? I haven;t been able to find any around Tomball/Woodlands area.
                    Angleton has dozens on the shelf.

Comment

Originally posted by Scubasteveo View Post
                      Woodlands Pkwy had 3 last week when I got mine. Montgomery Wal-Mart had a couple last week also.

Comment

Originally posted by TxHunter06 View Post
                        Woodlands Pkwy had 3 last week when I got mine. Montgomery Wal-Mart had a couple last week also.
                        I saw one at the Woodlands Pkwy store a couple weeks ago. They are pushing some serious inventory out of that store apparently. I was speaking with the older gentleman that works outdoor section/gun counter and he was telling me you pretty much have to get their early to find that stuff. Him and I were talking about tumblers specifically and he said they had sold better than 300 (both sizes combined) tumblers in the 3 weeks prior to me taking to him.

He said tumblers especially they either put them out during night shift or he puts them out first thing in the morning if the night guys didn't get to it. I assume the goes with the other OT products as well.

Comment

I bought the 52qt a few weeks ago and noticed some serious condensation around the lid and drain plug... There was also a good puddle of water on the ground. I realized that I had not fully tightened the drain plug. Leaking solved. The cooler sat on the porch another 24 hours and there was still pretty significant condensation around the lid and drain. From what I've read in the various OT threads, there was an apparent lack of QA/QC. My question is, Is it possible to find an OT cooler that wont "sweat" like mine currently does? I've still got tags/receipt so I am debating whether I should try my luck on a new one or just return it and go a different route.

TIA

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
                            I bought the 52qt a few weeks ago and noticed some serious condensation around the lid and drain plug... There was also a good puddle of water on the ground. I realized that I had not fully tightened the drain plug. Leaking solved. The cooler sat on the porch another 24 hours and there was still pretty significant condensation around the lid and drain. From what I've read in the various OT threads, there was an apparent lack of QA/QC. My question is, Is it possible to find an OT cooler that wont "sweat" like mine currently does? I've still got tags/receipt so I am debating whether I should try my luck on a new one or just return it and go a different route.

TIA
                            My dad has the 72 qt and it functions perfect, he keeps it in the garage with block ice and whatever sodas or beverages they drink and it last for a week and a half depending on the size of the ice block or how hot it is in garage. I use the high end OT soft cooler and I would not buy again. Ice will last a solid 2 days but it sweats around zipper and doesn't seem to be as quality made as the new lines of the soft RTics

Comment

Don't buy any versions of their Hopper/Soft side. Zippers work great but the stitching and seal around is SUCK!

Comment

Originally posted by BenBen View Post
                                Don't buy any versions of their Hopper/Soft side. Zippers work great but the stitching and seal around is SUCK!
                                I have their bigger soft side cooler and I use it everyday, stays in my truck, and beck and forth to the farm. Never had a problem with it.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X