No announcement yet.

Ozark Trail Cooler Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The ice retention should be interesting I think they do it on a night temp to day temp schedule vs the others have constant 90 degree oven temps to test ice retention.

Comment

Tagged

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Comment

Tag

Comment

Originally posted by scott.str View Post
          The ice retention should be interesting I think they do it on a night temp to day temp schedule vs the others have constant 90 degree oven temps to test ice retention.
          I think I'm going to just pre-chill it over night inside, and then fill it full of ice and leave it in my backyard kind of in the shade and go from there. Not sure if I'm going to use block ice, regular ice, or a mixture of both. It hasn't really gotten hot yet so it wont be a "completely honest" test.

If any of yall have any suggestions guve me your input.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by kolsonashley View Post
            Looks goods. Looks like they took the best parts of the leading coolers and combined all the good aspects into one. Drain and latches look a lot better than my pelican
            Not sure what latches you have on your Pelican, but I will take the latches I have on my 95 qt Pelican over the latches I see on this cooler or the ones on my Polar Cap cooler from Cabela's.

I looked at one of the smaller ones the Wally World had here and it was a nice looking cooler. Not to sure about the durability of the handles though.

Comment

Here are all the options I found on Walmart website.

Ozark Trail 52-Quart High-Performance Cooler, Grey
              $147.00

Ozark Trail 26-Quart High-Performance Cooler, Grey
              $96.00

Ozark Trail 73-Quart High-Performance Cooler, Grey
              $194.00

Comment

I personally like the pelican latches better myself. These are just rubber with a hole that slides over the knob on the cooler. They are a tight fit and take a little bit of force to get them off and on. The handles are nylon cord amd are replaceable. There are also molded in handles on the sides.

Comment

Following along for the ice test.

Comment

Im going to see about getting my brother's 75 quart Brute box to do a side by side test.

Comment

Originally posted by joebriles View Post
                      I personally like the pelican latches better myself. These are just rubber with a hole that slides over the knob on the cooler. They are a tight fit and take a little bit of force to get them off and on. The handles are nylon cord amd are replaceable. There are also molded in handles on the sides.

You might as well get yourself a couple of those nylon cord handles now, because they aren't going to last. I'll bet the buckle on the end of the strap isn't stainless either. Everything else looks good though.

Comment

This is from the enterwebs...

"Ozark Trail 73-Quart High-Performance Cooler, Grey:
                        Premium insulation keeps ice for more than 9 days
                        Roto-molded, seamless, 1-piece construction with UV-resistant exterior
                        Air-tight super-seal gasket keeps the cold in and the heat out
                        Durable, secure T-handle latches
                        Heavy-duty handles with comfort grip
                        Oversized drain — garden hose compatible
                        Reversible anti-skid/slide feet
                        Industrial strength stainless steel locking plate with built-in bottle opener
                        Wire basket
                        Certified bear-resistant by the Interagency Grizzly Bear Committee
                        Fish ruler on lid
                        4 Drink holders on
                        Limited 5 Year Warranty"

You had me at "Built-in Bottle Opener. [emoji3]

Comment

I would if I knew where to pick a few up. And it didn't come with a cool club sticker for the back of my truck...

Comment

Following. Put hands on one the other day and didn't like the latches. Still for the money........

Comment

Unfortunately its made in China.

I'm out then. I'll buy a Bison, made in 'Merica!

Comment

wish we could stick all 8-12 brands of coolers side by side and do a fair test!

As lets be honest, grizzly bear proof and made in USA is not what we all care for.

We want the best cooler for the buck with a good warranty and price

Comment

Working...
                                X