Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What distance do you regularly practice from?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

30 40 and 50 is where I shoot from.

Comment

Originally posted by az2tx View Post
      Now when I shoot its 20-30
      When I lived in AZ I had a 90 yard range at my house and shot mostly 60-90
      Compound bows?

Gary

Comment

Recurve and longbow here. I shoot mostly around 20 yds. This year I am going so start going to the state range that goes to 50 yds with NFAA style targets. I am seriously thinking about more field archery than 3d.

Comment

For me it's 25 yards. Although it's not so much the distance as it is the slowed down shot sequence. Don't get me wrong I like to step out to 10 yards and grip-n-rip arrows into the target. I truly love to step out to 25 yards and slow things down. My shot sequence takes near to 6 seconds. Bow up and take about 3 seconds to slooowwwwllllly draw to anchor, two seconds to settle in and and get my sight picture where I want it and feel my index finger and thumb on my bow hand just touch at the tips then ease my shoulder blades together. Shooting like this is much like shooting long distance with my rifle, I want to be surprised when the hammer drops. I like the feeling of my fingers just "letting go" of the string while the rest of my stays solid.

Richard.

Comment

I shoot from 10-30 mostly for 3D. I will not shoot over 20 at deer. Longer distances make you have a better release and form to be accurate. It makes the shorter shots feel automatic

Comment

30-40 mostly
              Then move to 20 for the last round and it always seems so easy

Comment

I practice up to 30 yards at my house. I try to go to the local range at least weekly, there I shoot out to 50 yards.

Like I always say, if you can't hit a quarter every time at 15 yards, don't worry about backing up.

Get well soon!!!!

Comment

Man you guys shooting 40+ and up to 90 with trad gear are pretty dang good

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                    Man you guys shooting 40+ and up to 90 with trad gear are pretty dang good
                    Didn't say we were good at it. Just said we practice it.

Rick

Comment

Here's some 100 yard shooting I did a while back:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by RickBarbee View Post
                        Didn't say we were good at it. Just said we practice it.

Rick
                        Lolol

Comment

20 30. 40. 50. When I went elk hunting up to 80 for a follow up shot if I needed to but didn't heart shot at 47 yards and ran about 40 yards and fell over. Luck was on my side.

Comment

20 and 30... I'm scared to try anything over

Comment

Working...
                            X