No announcement yet.

Anyone around DFW Have a Awful Year??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's been pretty exciting up here. I have seen a lot of bucks this year, but nowhere near DFW.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

Comment

I have to admit that this thread makes me feel a lot better. I had a great season last year and was thinking man I am really getting this whitetail game down. Then 2019 rolled around and I was like well nevermind....

Comment

Deer have gone dark on our place in Jack County. They are just starting to show up on camera again. I believe it’s the acorns as well. Pigs also disappeared for a while and are showing up again, so it’s not just the deer for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It’s been a banner year across the state for antler production and mass crop. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by elliscountyhog View Post
            I hunt over 6K acres of trinity river bottom just south of DFW and 2 mature deer have been killed and not single monster on camera or seen. Slowest year I can remember, been duck hunting until I can locate a shooter to go after. Opening weekend was the best weekend to hunt for sure.
            I hear its been tough, probably been in a tree this year the least I have been in 15 years especially in november so maybe a good year to slack. Hunted every saturday of archery season and it was typical so so, scored the freezer meat in october, highlight of the year was seg A at hagerman those 3 days were magical and this was all before it started raining acorns I guess.
            Last edited by bossbowman; 12-13-2019, 07:54 PM.

Comment

Worst year I’ve had in a long time. In Hico and covered in acorns. I’ve ditched the feeders and hunting trails. Still no luck.

Comment

First week of November was good, has been terrible ever since. I've hunted less this year than ever so it certainly isn't pressure. Could have killed a mid 140s 3yo in October but I don't care to shoot 3yo deer and us and the neighbors agreed to pass him til at least next year, neighbors shot him anyway. So yeah, it has been a pretty bad year.

Comment

They're absolutely in the acorns and that is all they care about

Comment

My wife got one of our good ones early in bow season in Parker County, and my brother shot a nice buck with a 12” drop opening rifle morning. My daughter and myself are after two decent (120”+or so) 8-points on two different pastures. According to trail cameras they are coming back to corn again now more than the past two weeks. But two weeks ago when I hunted the big place, every time the wind blew, acorns pelted me. I’m not disappointed yet, but I’m about to consider a rifle...[emoji1787]

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
                      I hunt two places.. Up in Childress and in Parker County. Our deer in Childress look amazing.. Grandpa killed a stud.. Had another good deer that broke off..But overall a good year..

My parker county place however I have seen ONE decent buck all year.. None on camera. The day I saw him was middle of the rut randomly chasing does.. I dont even have a 4.5 year old 8 point to chase.. Which is really strange for my place.. Usually I have a few 110" 8 points that need shot.. Not this year.. Weird.. Guys on the big ranch across the road say the same thing.. Nothing showing up.
                      I hunt Parker too. Been our worst year in last 10+. Ever since acorns started falling the big deer have been MIA. Usually have 3-5 shooters (4-8yo bucks) on less than 200 acres. I actually haven't seen my 3 oldest bucks since June/July and they've been visible every year for last 3-4yrs. Been a strange one for sure and we keep it very low pressure and don't hunt it much.

I did just get a cell cam pic yesterday of a mature buck tending a young doe, so 2nd rut going on now apparently.

Comment

I live on our ranch in Parker Co. Late bow season was one of the most active I can remember. Mature bucks roaming everywhere.....but then it went ice cold mid November till now. Acorns absolutely everywhere.

Comment

Blanco county
                          Same report as above
                          Cameras were exciting early October. Since then, things have slowed drastically.
                          Still just does. Even the young bucks are off cam.
                          I agree, acorns are everywhere.
                          I'm afraid that by the time they eat up the acorns and hit the corn, season will be over!

Comment

Originally posted by MarlinMears View Post
                            My wife got one of our good ones early in bow season in Parker County, and my brother shot a nice buck with a 12” drop opening rifle morning. My daughter and myself are after two decent (120”+or so) 8-points on two different pastures. According to trail cameras they are coming back to corn again now more than the past two weeks. But two weeks ago when I hunted the big place, every time the wind blew, acorns pelted me. I’m not disappointed yet, but I’m about to consider a rifle...[emoji1787]

I hunted last night, still acorns falling in Cooke county.

Comment

Llano- sucks ***! At least for me. Even the post oaks had a bumper crop this year and that is extremely rare here. I have had a tough time going but I do. You definitely won’t kill em from the couch!

Comment

Same in Comanche County. SLOOOOOOWWWWWWW! One deer killed on our place all year so far. I pulled my camera card two Sunday's ago after it being out for over a month and it had 22 pictures on it. One was a deer, the rest were cows, ridiculous. Hoping the acorns run out soon so something comes back to corn/protein. I haven't hunted since before Thanksgiving and have ZERO anxiety that I'm missing anything.

Comment

Working...
                                X