Anyone around DFW Have a Awful Year??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone around DFW Have a Awful Year??

I hunt two places.. Up in Childress and in Parker County. Our deer in Childress look amazing.. Grandpa killed a stud.. Had another good deer that broke off..But overall a good year..

My parker county place however I have seen ONE decent buck all year.. None on camera. The day I saw him was middle of the rut randomly chasing does.. I dont even have a 4.5 year old 8 point to chase.. Which is really strange for my place.. Usually I have a few 110" 8 points that need shot.. Not this year.. Weird.. Guys on the big ranch across the road say the same thing.. Nothing showing up.

My season has sucked pretty bad, not giving up until the last day though. Acorns have been killing me

Edit: I'm no where near DFW, replied before I read the title
    Last edited by slicktree; 12-12-2019, 10:46 PM.

Comment

I am in Northern Erath County and it’s been bad. I saw a good buck at 50 yards today at dark 30. It’s a chum stand and he had zero interest in the pile of corn!

My buddy in Llano says the same thing for them! Nada!

Comment

Originally posted by slicktree View Post
        My season has sucked pretty bad, not giving up until the last day though. Acorns have been killing me

Edit: I'm no where near DFW, replied before I read the title
        Uvalde area, it might because of Anthrax?

Comment

They probably moved out of Parker County...………..
          Because, of high Taxes...…...

Comment

I live across the road from the Doss ranch. Usually see 3 or 4 big bucks a year in the morning when I leave for work. This year I’ve only seen 1 decent 8 point. Have seen several small bucks that have been hit along 180 but nothing big

Comment

Off year for me just east of DFW as well. Dad killed our one shooter in november and I do not have a single other buck worth pursuing. Plenty of does. Hardly seeing any bucks on camera at all.

Lease in brownwood has sucked just due to acorns. I'm not evening hunting a feeder but they just do not need to travel much. Good bucks are there on camera but sporadically.

Comment

ACORNS!!! That's only thing you need to know JT.

Comment

It’s been the same at my place. I’m just now starting to see deer show back up on my camera. They’ve been gone since October.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by splitbeam145 View Post
                    This is what I think too. I'm in OK, but once they started falling 2 months ago deer have vanished. Dont see near as many as we did. Acorns are still falling and my place is 90% oaks.

Comment

I've only made it to the lease twice this season and have yet to see a doe or buck so yeah its been pretty terrible.

Comment

I’ve had an outstanding year in Parker County, seeing good numbers of does and young bucks throughout the season with mature bucks starting to move and chase does around Nov. 8.

Comment

Originally posted by splitbeam145 View Post

Oh our entire place is acorns. But I still would have thought I would have gotten a random night time pic or two of a decent deer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Navarro is the same. I have a cell cam that was getting 50+ pics per day. Now im lucky to get one. We also had no bucks worth bragging about. I did fill the freezer with 2 does early.

Comment

I hunt over 6K acres of trinity river bottom just south of DFW and 2 mature deer have been killed and not single monster on camera or seen. Slowest year I can remember, been duck hunting until I can locate a shooter to go after. Opening weekend was the best weekend to hunt for sure.

Comment

Working...
                              X