This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rocky View Post
    Woodsman, I hate the fact that you lost this buck. When you’re hunting without feed, you will have to choose the first, best shot provided. I’ve taken 3 quartering to shots. 2 on big Kansas bucks, and one on a doe in Texas. All three were lethal and died within sight. I’ve lost more deer by waiting until the perfect IBEP shot presented itself. Rest easy, it’s a deer, and there are over 4 million deer in Texas. I’m not promoting this shot, or minimizing losing a deer, but it happens everyday during the Texas deer season.
    We don’t agree on a lot of things said on this site, and most of the time I just let it go and don’t respond because it’s really not that big of a deal to me. I think you are spot on with this post though. Well said.

Comment

Originally posted by Bb187 View Post
      He was hunting about 60 yards from a feeder
      Your feeder is 60 yards from public land?

Comment

that’s what I said.

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
          Your feeder is 60 yards from public land?
          No I think 45-he said he was 60from a feeder but 15 from the fence

Comment

What does a feeders range have to do with taking a poor shot?

Comment

Originally posted by perow View Post
              No I think 45-he said he was 60from a feeder but 15 from the fence
              I saw that. Just putting 2and 2 together. I just hate that a guy gets bashed because he made a bad shot and lost a deer.

Comment

Originally posted by GoneSouth View Post
                Have you ever lost an animal because of a bad shot? Why do you continue to bash someone, I just don’t get that

Comment

I chimed in because I read multiple posts that mentioned “its public land and he wasn’t hunting over feed”. No politics here, just wanted the facts to all be posted and not one sided.

I have not heard how many deer were taken?

Comment

I’ll be very clear. I spoke to him. Nice guy but he was 60 yards from my feeder and I don’t know what buck he shot.
                    Why does any of that bother you? It’s legal.

I get it. I don’t like folks hunting near our fence lines. But it’s within their right to do so.

I assume you didn’t find his buck? Will you let him have it if you do?

Comment

I chimed in because I read multiple posts that mentioned “its public land and he wasn’t hunting over feed”. No politics here, just wanted the facts to all be posted and not one sided.

I have not heard how many deer were taken?
                      I don’t see where he was hunting over feed?

Comment

Originally posted by perow View Post
                        Have you ever lost an animal because of a bad shot? Why do you continue to bash someone, I just don’t get that

Some people are just jerks.. raised that way. He’ll keep kicking him until he passes out.

Comment

Yep, it’s legal. Never said it wasn’t. Never said it bothered me either. No dead deer on our land this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by GoneSouth View Post
                            Honest question hoping for an honest answer. Have you ever lost a deer due to a bad shot?

Comment

What the he77 is wrong with people?? This used to be a decent site, what’s up with all the criticism on this subject of a guy who shot a deer and tried valiantly to find him.

Comment

Yep, it’s legal. Never said it wasn’t. Never said it bothered me either. No dead deer on our land this weekend.
                                At some point I would love to hear how the hunts have effected your hunting and how do you feel about TPWD taking over the draw next year?

Comment

Working...
                                X