Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many bucks were taken during seg.c? How many in total this year on hagerman between the 3 segments?

Comment

Woodsman, I hate the fact that you lost this buck. When you’re hunting without feed, you will have to choose the first, best shot provided. I’ve taken 3 quartering to shots. 2 on big Kansas bucks, and one on a doe in Texas. All three were lethal and died within sight. I’ve lost more deer by waiting until the perfect IBEP shot presented itself. Rest easy, it’s a deer, and there are over 4 million deer in Texas. I’m not promoting this shot, or minimizing losing a deer, but it happens everyday during the Texas deer season.

Comment

Originally posted by peterp63 View Post
        Most? Most?? You sound awful confident in those “statistics”... please re-read your quoted post. Think about it... And maybe don’t post again in this thread. Probably best for all.

I do like the comparison of someone shooting a turkey with their bow to a frontal shot in a whitetail. Both have smaller lethal shot areas than a broadside deer, for example. Would y’all use a bow on a turkey? I have. Didn’t recover at least one either... [emoji33] But I’ve killed a bunch of them

In the heat of the moment on public land it’s an understandable shot IMO. Maybe not for everyone, but public hunting in general is tough and oftentimes you don’t get many chances - or any (ask most of the hunters that were out there this wknd).

Thanks for taking us along hunters! For the neighboring private land lessees, I promise there are plenty of bucks to go around. [emoji41]
        Attention bow hunters!!!! New curriculum for the 2020 bowhunter education course: In the heat of the moment on public land it is now acceptable to take crappy shots.

Comment

He was hunting about 60 yards from a feeder

Comment

Originally posted by Bb187 View Post
            Are you the neighboring landowner?

Comment

One of them.

Comment

One of them.
                Was he hunting over yours or the neighbors feeder?

Comment

Mine

Comment

Thought they had a 200 yard private land rule at the refuge

One of them.
                    You have game cam pics of said buck?

Comment

Mine
                      So are you the father or the son? How far off the fence is your feeder?

Comment

Mine
                        He was hunting over your feeder? Was he on private land?, or was in the Hagerman?

Comment

https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...d.php?t=751793 here’s a thread on here of a deer shot broadside and not recovered or dead. It happens on all types of shot angles. Your trying to hit the lungs or heart.

Comment

I’ll be very clear. I spoke to him. Nice guy but he was 60 yards from my feeder and I don’t know what buck he shot.

Comment

I’ll be very clear. I spoke to him. Nice guy but he was 60 yards from my feeder and I don’t know what buck he shot.
                              Just curious how far off the fence is your feeder?

Comment

He was on hagerman property. Albeit about 15 yards from the fence.

Comment

Working...
                                X