Christian Book Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christian Book Recommendations

Any recommendations for someone looking to strengthen his relationship with God?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wild at Heart

I read it about once a year and continue to find important things I missed in it.. Very good book

Comment

Mere Christianity.
      CS Lewis.

I don't read much, but this is one that I do remember having an impact.

Comment

A Look At Life From A Deer stand ,Steven Curtis Chapman.A great devotional and helps to get closer and realize how beautiful things are which He has put here for us to enjoy.He and his wife have numerous devotionals and they are all very excellent! !

Comment

Wild at Heart is a good one. Even better if you read it then attend the camp in Colorado. One of the best decisions of my walk in faith life.

Comment

"Keep Looking Up" is a book my Dad wrote, It is a compilation of over 30 years of teaching in the prison ministry, Shameless plug I know, But it is good and covers so many various things. If you like it, I can get it signed for you

Comment

Not a Fan.

If you look it up on Google play you can read the free sample piece which is the first 20 pages of the book and see if it is something you would like.

Not a Fan has already called more than one million readers to consider the demands and rewards of being a true disciple--moving from fan to follower in their relationship with Jesus.

After years of serving God, pastor and bestselling author Kyle Idleman had a startling revelation: for too long, he had been living as a fan of Jesus; someone who tried to make Christianity seem as appealing, comfortable, and convenient as he possibly could to others. Idleman decided something had to change--he needed to embark on the journey of becoming a completely committed follower of God, not just a fan.

Fans want to be close enough to Jesus to get all the benefits, but not so close that it requires sacrifice, while followers are all in and completely committed to Christ. Not a Fan gives you the tools you need to determine exactly where you stand when it comes to your relationship with Jesus.

No matter where you are in your walk with Christ, Not a Fan calls you to consider the demands and rewards of being a true disciple. With frankness and a touch of humor, Idleman invites you to:

• Examine your relationship with God
              • Determine if you're following Jesus or just following the rules
              • Pray the way Jesus prayed
              • Start truly living for the one who gave his all for you

This expanded and updated version of Not a Fan also includes a new introduction and an entirely new chapter about how to practically live out the book's core message.

Join Idleman as he challenges you to take an honest look at your relationship with Jesus and discover what it really means to be a follower.

Comment

Waiting on God by Wayne Stiles. A group of us are reading through it together right now. He is very insightful and we are all being impacted by this book.

Comment

Church history in plain language by Bruce Shelley. If you want an in depth look at how Christianity got to where it is today, you have to read it

Comment

Radical by David Platt

Crazy Love by Francis Chan

Letters of Pergamam is one i just finished...very interesting

Comment

Case for Christ- if you want to examine the truth and accuracy of the gospel.

Mark of the Lion Series- if your looking for an awesome novel with a Christian centered theme.

Mere Christianity is always a classic as mentioned earlier.

Comment

The "Left Behind" series has brought many to know Christ and to get closer to Him...

Comment

Kingdom Man by Tony Evans. Anything Max Lucado is good too

Comment

We just went through the "Not a Fan" series and it was great.

Originally posted by HogHunter34 View Post
                            Kingdom Man by Tony Evans. Anything Max Lucado is good too
                            Our men's group has been through this one and will start it again right after Easter.

Note: I have found that spending time every morning in His Word has greatly improved my everything. I read the one year bible daily. Spending time in prayer and listening has helped too.

Comment

Here's a good one to get you started, it's never too late.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X