No announcement yet.

Ridiculous Price on New trucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Covid has driven the price of everything new and used up. Try to find a decently priced kayak, dirt bike, gocart, or project therein. You cant still get a reasonably priced outboard motor or boat without a title though ������

Comment

The way steel prices are rising it will be $70,000 by the end of the year.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

The electronics in vehicles is now 40% of manufacturing cost. When covid19 hit car manufacturers and the supply chain cancelled/ delayed semiconductor orders. At-home people increased demand for consumer electronics, orders increased.

Semiconductor foundries took the orders for chips for consumer electronics. Now the auto supply chain is paying more, plus there are shortages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rugger View Post
          I’ve been shopping for a used 1/2 ton 4x4 for the last month and it is rough out there! I’ve been to and walked out of a few dealerships without a deal done but starting to think I should of pulled the trigger now. My current and would be trade in is a 2010 gmc sierrra 4x4 with 213k miles on it. Bought it used in 2013 for $19k with 36k miles. What I’m seeing is same truck now is $30-$35k. Basic package without all the bells and whistles.

Prices are for sure getting crazy for the same truck but new. My 14’ tundra was stickered around 41k. My 2020 tundra is the exact same truck except it has leather. That’s the only real change other than a few sensors like lane assist and front sensor for cruise control with slower traffic. Sticker on the 20’, $51,800. 10k more.... it’s stupid.

Comment

As long as people are paying it, they can sell them at whatever price they want.

Comment

Originally posted by Palmetto View Post
              Probably let it idle all day.

Haha right. I got it for $52,500.

Comment

Originally posted by Bh_liberty View Post
                Having a tuff time finding f-350 lariat. There just aren’t that many out there.

Make sure you sell your old one out right and don’t trade it in. They are bringing big money

Comment

I am in the market for a new truck and it looks to me like prices have gone up another 3-5K just in the last month or so. I assume it's because dealerships are expecting people to use their tax returns and stimulus checks.

I have looked at both and new and newer used and the the difference between the two is usually negligible. Truck prices are crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                    As long as people are paying it, they can sell them at whatever price they want.

Yep I get that some people need trucks for work or what not but there’s plenty of mall crawlers around as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Keep it simple gents, put the wants aside for now....let it all cool off. If you don't have to buy now...then don't....If the deal isn't your deal....walk away...if it is, then jump.

4 payments left on my rig...no way in hell I will have another truck payment for a long time...but I will entertain the idea of a land payment.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
                      Last edited by hoythunter02; 03-07-2021, 06:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hoythunter02 View Post
                        Keep it simple gents, put the wants aside for now....let it all cool off. If you don't have to buy now...then don't....If the deal isn't your deal....walk away...if it is, then jump.

4 payments left on my rig...no way in hell I will have another truck payment for a long time...but I will entertain the idea of a land payment.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

This was my thinking as well. Mine was paid off and the wife’s is soon to follow so a land payment would have been for sure at the top of the list. Then I ended up with a knocking lifter and would need a big expense to repair it. I have to have a truck as it’s a tool for work. Took on another payment but happy that I was able to keep it much lower than the last truck. Plan is to pay it off as fast as possible. Wife’s car is a 17’ and has less than 70,000 miles so shes completely fine keeping it several more years.

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
                          This was my thinking as well. Mine was paid off and the wife’s is soon to follow so a land payment would have been for sure at the top of the list. Then I ended up with a knocking lifter and would need a big expense to repair it. I have to have a truck as it’s a tool for work. Took on another payment but happy that I was able to keep it much lower than the last truck. Plan is to pay it off as fast as possible. Wife’s car is a 17’ and has less than 70,000 miles so shes completely fine keeping it several more years.

That's great man. It's nice not having the truck payment for sure, both vehicles paid off will be really cool!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Spam

Comment

I just bought a Tundra regular crew cab with the “work truck” package for the company. Big v-8, Bluetooth etc. it even had blacked out wheels and stump catchers on it.

35K. Seems like I got in right under the wire (2 months ago).

Comment

I hope you buy from one of these, Ford of Boerne, 3 Rivers Ford, Pleasanton Ford, Fredericksburg Chevy Buick GMC, They are good people. Tell them Farmdog sent you

Comment

Working...
                                X