No announcement yet.

The official 2021 APR TBH special

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got my option 1 ordered. Spoke with Jason and he was awesome. Thanks for doing the TBH deal again, Robert!!

Comment

Ordered my folder option today. Thanks for the opportunity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Robert Im trying to decide im looking at option 1 this will be a hunting rifle whitetail , Mule deer and Elk im thinking of either 6.5 prc or .280 ai. I will be reloading for either on I get what would be my best choice in your opinion .
        Thanks

Comment

Robert i see y'all build 7mm 08s with both 8 and 9 twist barrels. If doing a shorter barrel 18-20" in option 1 and probably don't forsee shooting heavier than 140s or 150s would you recommend the 8 or 9 twist?

Comment

Originally posted by Bama View Post
            Robert Im trying to decide im looking at option 1 this will be a hunting rifle whitetail , Mule deer and Elk im thinking of either 6.5 prc or .280 ai. I will be reloading for either on I get what would be my best choice in your opinion .
            Thanks
            I like them both. I don't think you could go wrong with either. The 7mm offers a lot of versatility as far as great hunting bullet selection goes, if you are loading your own.

Comment

Originally posted by txagyotebuster View Post
              Robert i see y'all build 7mm 08s with both 8 and 9 twist barrels. If doing a shorter barrel 18-20" in option 1 and probably don't forsee shooting heavier than 140s or 150s would you recommend the 8 or 9 twist?

Comment

robert i see y'all build 7mm 08s with both 8 and 9 twist barrels. If doing a shorter barrel 18-20" in option 1 and probably don't forsee shooting heavier than 140s or 150s would you recommend the 8 or 9 twist?
                do it!

Comment

Went by the stop yesterday for rifle that is already in the works but handling the TBH mock ups may prove to be a dangerous and costly decision--

Notes:

-The chassis on #2 is very impressive, balances well and feels amazingly solid given the ultralight weight. I think this will be the ultimate truck/blind/backpack rig, especially with the planned suppressor. A scope of nearly any weight 18-28oz will balance perfectly well.

-#1 is just hands down an impressive build-- the balance is perfection for a lightweight hunting rifle- the stock, the action, the barrel (awesome contour btw) fit together perfectly and they really knocked it out of the park and this could be the best set of components yet! I would definitely start looking at the lighter weight end of optics to keep this thing balancing sweet.

Lastly- both of these are going to end up as fan favs so I wouldn't hem and haw if you are under consideration!

Comment

Agreed, I handled both of these and agree, they nailed them checking all boxes on these two builds.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Got my order in. 6.5 PRC 24" 8 twist. Really excited.

Comment

22-250 22" 1-12 twist Kuiu Verde dip stock

Comment

If i pull the trigger, it would be a option 1, 20" 7mm 08. So it would be really light. I'm guessing with aluminum rings and a 20ish oz scope it would balance well? I was thinking a vx5 3-15 or the vortex LHT 3-15

Comment

Are we able to not have the rail on option 1? Would rather use Hawkins hybrid rings if possible

Comment

If i pull the trigger, it would be a option 1, 20" 7mm 08. So it would be really light. I'm guessing with aluminum rings and a 20ish oz scope it would balance well? I was thinking a vx5 3-15 or the vortex LHT 3-15

The shop built Option #1 was in 7/08 as well-- so there ya go! I think aluminum rings or better yet the Hawkins Hybrid lows will fit that VX5 perfectly and save a couple ounces.

Quick review on the Vortex LHT-- awesome scope and I like the pull up turret- BUT the reticle is THICK- especially compared to a Leupold- specifically compared to the Leupold Impact 29-- the LHT lines are .2MOA and center dot is .35MOA. Which means the lines are double the .1MOA Leupold lines and the LHT dot is 40% larger than the .25MOA dots in the Impact.

BP-- I think they are building on the anTi so the rail can be removed and the Hawkins fit awesome- I'm running them on my anTi 6cm with a VX6HD 3-18x50

Comment

Originally posted by duckhunter175 View Post
                                The shop built Option #1 was in 7/08 as well-- so there ya go! I think aluminum rings or better yet the Hawkins Hybrid lows will fit that VX5 perfectly and save a couple ounces.

Quick review on the Vortex LHT-- awesome scope and I like the pull up turret- BUT the reticle is THICK- especially compared to a Leupold- specifically compared to the Leupold Impact 29-- the LHT lines are .2MOA and center dot is .35MOA. Which means the lines are double the .1MOA Leupold lines and the LHT dot is 40% larger than the .25MOA dots in the Impact.

BP-- I think they are building on the anTi so the rail can be removed and the Hawkins fit awesome- I'm running them on my anTi 6cm with a VX6HD 3-18x50
                                I have a vx5 with the inpact 29 and the LHT. The thicker reticle is actually kinda why I was leaning towards the LHT. This won't be a true long range precision rifle. It will be a straight hunter. The thinner impact 29 is sometimes harder to pick up in very low light. And i like the illuminated reticle in some hunting situations. I will probably keeep the rail and use low pic rings. I am not as concerned with shaving ounces. Just want to keep it balanced.

Comment

Working...
                                X