No announcement yet.

Formosa @ point comfort

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No sir I wasn’t there then. I talk to Benji and Peter mostly.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammerdown View Post
      No sir I wasn’t there then. I talk to Benji and Peter mostly.

Yeah they are at olefins 1 . I worked ol2

Comment

Originally posted by strummer View Post
        yeah they are at olefins 1 . I worked ol2
        10/4

Comment

I’ve worked there over the years literally it’s my fall back jobsite when work slows down around the corpus area, been in ol1&2, eg, vcm, ol3 new const and wison I’ll be there for a while then get pulled when a project picks up and then pulled from there. The site manager for the company I work for passed away back in November not sure if maybe y’all heard of that on his way to the plant early in the morning.

Comment

The local paper has been hitting them pretty hard with negative articles. So public perception is that they are not as safe. But if they are by far the largest plant in the area and employ the most people.

So they are more likely to have more incidents spills etc. As far as the pellets in the bays, from my calculations (the paper reported a number of pellets which I believe was in the millions), it was roughly 150 lbs of plastic. If one was to walk along the seashore , or local ditches, it wouldn't take long to come up with 150 pounds of plastic.

I fish Cox bay quite a bit and don't worry about the fish. We do pretty well on redfish and some trout. Environmentally, I believe the area is considered a Superfund site because of the Alcoa plant.
            Last edited by wickll; 01-13-2021, 10:28 PM. Reason: add

Comment

Good place to work

Comment

Working...
              X