No announcement yet.

2 Bald Eagles shot in East Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We had a pair work the duck pond I was hunting last week. One of them got a cripple. I didn't get ****** like I do when a hawk or owl gets one for some reason.

Comment

Someone is going to be in trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
        They occasionally kill chickens at my place. I saw two eagles here just last week.

Glorified white headed buzzards.

Eagles are a environmental conundrum, scavengers and major problem predator , yet a protected
        Eagles when I worked out in the fort davis and Delaware mountains
        Killed lots of bighorn lambs & pronghorn, the feds & statey’s would blame “ other apex’s “

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
          They will pay more and spend more time in jail than someone actually killing a person.
          Was going to say. You're probably better off killing a person than a white-headed buzzard.

Comment

I’ve got em daily here at the dairy. Usually from now till March

I can’t imagine wanting/ needing to shoot such a beautiful bird

Comment

Overrated buzzards

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                I’ve got em daily here at the dairy. Usually from now till March

I can’t imagine wanting/ needing to shoot such a beautiful bird
                Unless ypur a sheep rancher

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                  Overrated buzzards

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Yep, never understood why I can kill all the coyotes, coons, etc that eat my quail but that **** bird over there that eats just as many if not more of my quail I can’t shoot. Pretty **** stupid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I used to duck hunt with a guy in high school who shot a bald eagle (I was not on that hunt) on the Missouri river and told several people he got caught if I remember correctly he got a $2500 fine shot gun confiscated his hunting privileges revoked for 10 years and a ridiculous amount of community service

Comment

wonder if they taste like chicken

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdaddy View Post
                        wonder if they taste like chicken
                        no sir, more like snow leopard backstrap. But seriously, not sure why you would want to kill an eagle

Comment

Originally posted by S-3 Ranch View Post
                          Eagles are a environmental conundrum, scavengers and major problem predator , yet a protected
                          Eagles when I worked out in the fort davis and Delaware mountains
                          Killed lots of bighorn lambs & pronghorn, the feds & statey’s would blame “ other apex’s “

Agreed. If they weren’t labeled our “National Bird” there would be a bounty on them.

Comment

For all those saying they will go to prison; highly doubt it. Prob get a fine and a little community service. There are people walking the streets on low to no money bonds now days that have killed someone and on their tenth+ arrest. Just like the kids/adults poaching all the deer in Leon County. None of them served prison time, fines and community service. We are not hard on criminals.

Comment

2 Bald Eagles shot in East Texas

Agreed. If they weren’t labeled our “National Bird” there would be a bounty on them.

Like hawks, owls, and buzzards?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Probably wouldn't be any left. Gone the way of the dodo.

Dang didn't know that many people on here considered them a trash bird. Everytime I see one I am always in awe at how big and beautiful they are.

Comment

Working...
                                X