Make your pitch for best dog breed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gary Roberson View Post
    It depends on the job you have for them.
    Adios,
    Gary
    Job number 1 is to hang out with me.
    the other stuff is a bonus.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
      Job number 1 is to hang out with me.
      the other stuff is a bonus.

Vizsla.

I want another GSP so bad I can’t stand it, but they aren’t for everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Aussie/heeler mix. Two so far and both have been great dogs.
        Last edited by BrianL; 08-16-2022, 09:57 AM.

Comment

For "fetching up downed dove", you can't beat a 40lb Boykin Spaniel

But...they need jobs. Mine wouldn't be the best choice to just hang out with

Comment

We are pretty partial to our German Shepherds…best dogs we’ve ever had.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ClayW View Post
              For "fetching up downed dove", you can't beat a 40lb Boykin Spaniel

But...they need jobs. Mine wouldn't be the best choice to just hang out with
              Was waiting for this one to pop up. Theyre cool little dogs. Bump for south carolina swamp poodle

Comment

Heelers, hands down. Extremely intelligent, loyal, tough, and quick/agile. Can work in all conditions. I will always own one, or two!!!

Comment

100%! Have a weim and that dog is family.

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                  Vizsla will do all you want and more.

Comment

Dogs are kinda like women.......the uglier they are, the better they'll treat ya

Comment

One of each above

Comment

Mountain Cur (Tennessee Treeing Cur) for the win I love ours, one of the smartest dogs I've ever been around. They do like to run, so somewhere to let them stretch their legs would be necessary. But ours is also chill and fancies himself a lap dog he's slightly above average on size, most are between 30-60, and ours is 65 lbs. But doesn't look it, very compact and built...and while he isn't exactly comfortable around strangers, he's also not aggressive. He'll let you know if someone arrives on the property tho and LOVES chasing squirrels and rabbits.

Comment

Originally posted by TxMedic View Post
                          We are pretty partial to our German Shepherds…best dogs we’ve ever had.
                          We had a German Sheppard for a short time when we were first married and the folks we left him with allowed him to get out and was run over. My wife has vetoed getting another.

Comment

Boykin Spaniel checks all the boxes twice. They are very social, smart, aim to please, love a job, super easy to train and will adjust to what you are doing. Ours are happy hunting, tracking, sitting in your lap, fetching, sleeping in the bed or their crates. They have a on/off switch and want to be close to you. When I get a gun out, they are ready to go, put it up and they’re ready for a nap!

Comment

My family is pretty sold on JRTs. Probably most loyal dogs we've had. We had some good labs also

Originally posted by Cullbuck View Post
                              It going to be hard to beat a lab for that list, stay away from chocolates and stick to black or yellows.

Lemme guess, cause chocolates are 'inferior' to the other 2?

Comment

Golden Retrievers some of the most loving and best rounded dogs out there. Great with kids. Only and i mean ONLY negative is they shed hair. But she’s always down to bird hunt & super smart.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by Fmjag64; 08-16-2022, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X