Best Small Business startup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ByronB View Post
    Is it on 29, not far from Hills of Texas Taxidermy? If so, I think I have passed it a few times. Will stop by sometime.
    Yes.
    Going west; us, food trailer (our lot) house, Granite O Bar, some kind of thing, and Hills of Texas Taxidermist.
    Left-hand side of the road.

Comment

Originally posted by Brute Killer View Post
      Cactus Liquor
      Yep. That’s it. Cool little spot and I like the set up inside

Comment

We started a liquor store in Llano in February. Very good to great location and limited competition, though.
        We've been busy.
        We were in one few yrs ago in Enid Oklahoma. Owner said he had owned 3 cicis pizzas and with Obama care he sold 2 and closed one in Enid and opened a liquor store. Real nice guy and said with just he, his wife and son he was pocketing just as much with none of the headaches and a much happier life.

Comment

mud minnows

Comment

Originally posted by Mtltx View Post
            Yep. That’s it. Cool little spot and I like the set up inside
            Thanks

Comment

Listen to the book The Pumpkin Plan if you’re planning on a service based business. It helps a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by HOOKNBULLET2 View Post
                Any type of service business on the coast will be successful if you just do what you say you are going to do.

A very popular TBHer has a father that lives on the coast installing boat lifts and docks. We paid him thousands more for the same service as his competitors because he actually shows up when he is scheduled to, does quality work on time, and provides service after the sale.

It sounds fairly simple, but after owning a house in Rockport for the last 10 years, I can tell you that it is really difficult to find a contractor that is worth a darn.

It’s getting dang near impossible to do things the “right way” and be successful. So many businesses cut corners and don’t pay what they are supposed to… Makes it impossible to compete unless you have a few BIG customers who are willing to pay extra like you are talking about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

From what I’ve seen/experienced in business is it’s almost impossible to “claw your way up”. You almost have to start with someone bank rolling you or have a good source to get cheap financing. Since Covid we’ve experienced slower pay from ALL of our customers. Some, who were 60 day terms, are now paying 70-80…. When you have bills to pay and you can’t collect it gets really hard to keep vendors happy. Thankfully we’ve been in business for almost 30yrs so we have the relationships established/built. But if I were a startup it would be ROUGH!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

12 years ago I started a pool cleaning and repair service. I clean 60 pools a week. During hunting season I can do them in 4 days and have 3 or 4 day weekends to go hunting. I’ve never been happier.
                    And like others have said, be a one man show if you can

Comment

Trailer rentals do pretty well from what I've seen. You could do flatbed or maybe dump trailers and make pretty decent money with very little time. Just meeting the customer for pick up and drop off and cleaning the trailers. If you do the dump trailers, you could also charge an extra fee to take it to the dump for them. With a lot of people flipping houses in my area, roll off dumpster trailers also seem like a good option. Just drop it off and then pick it up a few days later.

Not the cheapest business to start but if you live in / near a big city, it should grow pretty quick.
                      Last edited by ORD '23; 02-02-2023, 11:55 AM.

Comment

I’m looking to get into self storage and portapotty business. Nobody wants to clean crappers but the money is good

Comment

Originally posted by MAP View Post
                          I'm glad its not just us...there are alot of bad "contractors" in that area
                          Fish are biting and or the Surf is up.

Many coastal contractors work independently along the coast, to bust out when it's Prime. I know a dozen of them, most surf but fishing is just as addictive.

Comment

My buddy was a contractor for Lowes installing blinds. He mostly worked alone and just about all he wanted to.

Comment

We started a liquor store in Llano in February. Very good to great location and limited competition, though.
                              We've been busy.
                              Where? Would like to give you some business. Drive through there once a month or more.

Comment

Cleaning, yard work, handyman with painting and carpentry skills with your own tools and you can find all the work you want in POC and Rockport.
                                Show up, finish the job, don’t over promise and under deliver and you can probably make $75k plus a year

Comment

Working...
                                X