Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is a LF Book Deer Worth Financially?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know a guy who offered $30k for a deer that grossed to 211 and would easily book at right around 200. It was a lease deer and not for sale

Comment

I would have to say from what I see on rates pages of some of these low fence package hunt ranches that a straight up 170 net is roughly $10,000 to $15,000. Now I am only going by what I see when I look at the hunting rates pages of some of these ranches.

Comment

Originally posted by texas shag View Post
        a free range book deer could likely be sold for 15-20K pretty easily IMO. A true, net boone and crockett, not gross.
        Exactly what I'm talking about, net and your name goes in the book.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
          Exactly what I'm talking about, net and your name goes in the book.
          I'd be willing to pay a daily rate then trophy free of $100/inch on the net sore for 170-180. Even more for beyond 180". My guess is finding something like this would be very hard unless the operation just released a bunch of RFID chipped deer from a pen into a LF pasture. Not sure the total number of all time book typical bucks but the last time I look I think only a dozen or so have netted above 200".

Its rare. I interested how many folks on the green screen have killed a net 170" fair chase buck and have their name in the good book of B&C.
          Last edited by JBJTX81; 10-29-2019, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JBJTX81 View Post

Its rare. I interested how many folks on the green screen have killed a net 170" fair chase buck and have their name in the good book of B&C.
            I haven’t killed one personally, but my dad and uncle have each killed one the last two seasons. Uncle killed a gross 204” that netted 199 7/8” non typical. My dad killed a gross 182 6/8” that netted 172” as a typical. We have owned our place for 13 years and have killed several big deer but these two were the only ones we have produced that have put a name in the book. Not that they were ever for sale, but with the rarity of producing these animals on a low fence ranch, $15K wouldn’t have bought either one of them.

Comment

So sounds like through most opinions 15k is about right. Appreciate the feed back.

Comment

On a ranch that produces bucks like that, its normally $300 per inch above 145-150 and then the price jumps up again after 180 or 185, generally.

On a ranch where a monster just shows up, the price is whatever can be negotiated, probably $6k-$15k

Comment

So sounds like through most opinions 15k is about right. Appreciate the feed back.
                  Ok soooooo you got one for sale or you looking to buy? Come on spill it man. Pictures are always good too

Comment

I have 4 net B&C low fence, officially scored but not entered bucks...[ maybe one more, I'll have to look ] I hope to never know how much they cost me to grow them

Comment

Less than an elk hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by sotx View Post
                        Ok soooooo you got one for sale or you looking to buy? Come on spill it man. Pictures are always good too
                        Well to be honest I have a good friend who's telling me to come shoot one for free. Appantey it's a trashy deer. He's getting older and could care less about killing deer, and has enough money to buy pretty much anything he wants.

If I do take him up on it I'd like to get him a really nice gift. Not 15k worth for sure but possibly something he would enjoy.

I have no pics yet, just what I've been told. If I kill him you'll see plenty of pics

Comment

Luckyyyyyyyyyy
                          And good luck [emoji109][emoji109]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

For someone that can afford anything, I’d say really good whiskey and/or cigars for sitting around the campfire

Comment

Well to be honest I have a good friend who's telling me to come shoot one for free. Appantey it's a trashy deer. He's getting older and could care less about killing deer, and has enough money to buy pretty much anything he wants.

If I do take him up on it I'd like to get him a really nice gift. Not 15k worth for sure but possibly something he would enjoy.

I have no pics yet, just what I've been told. If I kill him you'll see plenty of pics
                              I need to find friends like yours!

Comment

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
                                170" LF deer is worth 7500. 200" 15k.
                                You're way low.

Comment

Working...
                                X