No announcement yet.

Shnf '18-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A guy that hunts with my sister and BIL shot one at noon today. Nice frame.

Comment

Very nice. How you been doing chew?

Comment

Got my buck for LBJ earlier this week. Now time to plan a few trips to hopefully fill a Sam doe permit or a buck if I can make it happen.
        Attached Files

Comment

Nice bucks gents! Chew, was that in the Sam?

Hope you get feeling better Roberto.

Comment

Originally posted by BowOnly81 View Post

Thanks, I appreciate it. And congrats on the bucks guys, they're beauts

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ChasingTail View Post
              Sure has been quite on this thread. Anybody had a chance to get into the woods lately?

I am jumping back on the horse tomorrow evening. My family and I will be headed to our farm in Mississippi for the Holidays. I am hoping to knock down a doe or two while I am there to top of the freezer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where at in Mississippi? I got a place outside of Natchez. Here for opening of rifle season this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by fmlyoutdoorsman View Post
                Where at in Mississippi? I got a place outside of Natchez. Here for opening of rifle season this weekend.

Our place is in a small community in Eastern MS called Harmony. It’s located between Quitman and Pachuta.

From what I hear, Natchez is a good area to be in the state. Best of luck to you this weekend.

Comment

Question for planning a trip down there. I see that camping needs to be in designated areas. Is there also access points or parking areas that have to be used or can you park anywhere? Also is the forestry office the best place to get a map of the forest? Just trying to make sure I am doing the important stuff right. Looking forward to getting down there and learning a new area. It is a bit intimidating due to the large amount of property compared to hunting the grasslands up here.

Comment

Originally posted by RShockley View Post
                    Question for planning a trip down there. I see that camping needs to be in designated areas. Is there also access points or parking areas that have to be used or can you park anywhere? Also is the forestry office the best place to get a map of the forest? Just trying to make sure I am doing the important stuff right. Looking forward to getting down there and learning a new area. It is a bit intimidating due to the large amount of property compared to hunting the grasslands up here.

Equestrian Camp site is a popular hunting campground. Free. 1375 left on 234.

You dont need a map but there is maps available right outside the ranger office. that office is closed on the weekends.

you can park anywhere off the side of the road any public forest road. you will see that when your there. just dont block the gates or any trails.

you should try a hiking trail like the lone star or any other just to get in there. if you try to park off the road and walk in, its really thick now, takes a lot of go thru that. be careful parking off the road, there has been a few wheel spinning in mud already.

Comment

Originally posted by RShockley View Post
                      If you hear a helicopter sound, do not approach.... just slowly back away.

Comment

Originally posted by hot_rod_eddie View Post
                        If you hear a helicopter sound, do not approach.... just slowly back away.

Lol. This just one the Internet!!!

Comment

Love the new profile pic dmack! Lmao!

Comment

Originally posted by dmack View Post
                            Very nice. How you been doing chew?

Dmack! Doing well. Haven't got to hunt much due to work and other stuff. Did sneak off Sunday to my brother's place in Buffalo and smokepole a good one. Crappy video off of my video camera viewer.

Comment

Yessir. Within a few hundred yards of where my nephew killed the buck that I posted a few weeks ago during youth season.

Comment

Love the new profile pic dmack! Lmao!

I figured you would lol

Comment

Working...
                                X