Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Gas Prices Affect Your 22/23 Season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It definitely sucks! Just spent $585 on diesel fuel alone this weekend driving to two of my leases to fill feeders.

Comment

No

Comment

I will cut costs elsewhere before I start cutting hunting and ranch time

Comment

787 miles to one of my properties, will feel the pain. But I have switched to “Great Value” brand snacks.

Comment

We’ve already told our son that the SPI trip probably won’t happen this year. I really can’t stand these people.

Comment

I have cut back significantly and been to the lease once this year and currently not feeding any corn or protein

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Definitely not looking forward to that aspect concerning Colorado this year.
                Looks like I'll be about 3k in, just on gas.

Comment

Probably won’t fill any feeders, so I’ll use that money for gas.
                  The one that’s really gonna hurt is our annual trip up to Kansas for opening weekend of pheasant season. That’s usually 3 tanks to just get up there. But if other people back out, then I may not go at all. Biden sucks!!!

Comment

i heading to idaho to elk hunt in august, that will burn a few gallons!!

Comment

It'll mean less protein and sweet feed this summer and less trips during the season for me. I usually hunt every weekend from bow opener until rut is over. I'll probably plan on staying longer per trip instead of many short trips.

Comment

I'll give up the tv, eating out, and all the other frivilous BS before I let gas prices ruin my season. Also, FJB

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                          Definitely not looking forward to that aspect concerning Colorado this year.
                          Looks like I'll be about 3k in, just on gas.

How many trips up there are you making? $3,000 divided by $5/gallon is 600 gallons. At 15 mpg that is 9,000 miles.

I just drove from Fort Worth to Chattanooga then Nashville and back and I was in it for $450

Comment

Only thing that slows me down is the **** heat. But I don't wana be paying for these gas prices when it isn't necessary in the first place FJB

Comment

Hoping the Nov midterms have the Demo-rats dropping the price of fuel to try to win votes ….. “see what we did for you?”

With the drought out west, horns are going to be down even though we are feeding protein so the motivation to be there every weekend I can, won’t be as strong. Gonna be longer but fewer trips with strategically taken vacation days. Don’t have kids so we’re able to do a Wed through Sunday type trip or a week long trip.

Drought out west plus, high fuel and feed prices have my local pig hunting looking more attractive this fall. So my hunting days might not change but the specie might.

Comment

Yes

Comment

Working...
                                X