Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Gas Prices Affect Your 22/23 Season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will Gas Prices Affect Your 22/23 Season?

My boys and I usually make 6-8 trips to our lease in Childress between September to January. It takes one tank there and one back at $150 a tank.

$300 x 8 = $2,400 for gas!

It flipping makes me furious to think about it!
    We will definitely be shaving those numbers down as much as possible but I hoping to not let it affect our over all season.

I’ll go just as often and stay longer.FJB

Comment

Nope. Deer hunting is the only thing I do so I’ll spend whats needed. It doesn’t hurt that my lease isn’t too from my home though. Perhaps if I hunted in Childress it might?

Comment

I don't think it will during the season, but it has in the offseason. I normally try to go about every 3-4 weeks and so far I have been keeping it at about 6 weeks

Comment

It already has had an effect. I haven't been since December. Normally I would have had protein going hot and heavy by now. Between protein prices and fuel costs, I just can't justify the cost. I may only make 1 trip during the season. Two at the most.

Comment

No, but that’s because I have to walk about 500 yards from the barn

Comment

Honestly things are so tight right now I had to give up my spot on a lease a few weeks back. The owner understood and said whenever I’m ready to comeback to let him know. My blind and feeder sold within minutes to another Hunter….

Comment

Close to $500 to Fal, running around town/lease and back home to dfw

Comment

Things have not peaked yet and likely won’t for a while. More than likely I’ll go more often so I can stock up on pork although my place have very few on it. By the time the season rolls around I bet the answers to my question a month or so ago ( is there a breaking point to feeding wildlife) will be significantly different.

Comment

Fortunately, I am within walking distance, UTV or 4 wheeler distance from my 2 leases.

Comment

Corn is gonna get scarce. Fuel prices effect everything. I expect lease prices to drop next year for the first time . I'm afraid things are about to get serious.

Comment

Cost of everything has slow me down from going as much as I need to,
                        $11 corn , $180 gas out and back , groceries
                        School tax notification is a +10% third year in a row
                        Pretty tough outlook next couple of years

Comment

Man I don't even want to know what Oct-Nov gas prices will be like. Will it affect me in gas? Absolutely. I have a 5+ hr trip there. FJB!

Comment

Headed to S Padre with the fam this summer. I usually take the 4 wheeler and trailer in order to take all our stuff back and forth from the beach. I figure my truck gets around 10 miles a gallon with the trailer…it’s about 1400 miles round trip. Did the math, gonna cost me $700 for the trip if gas hits $5. Haven’t even factored in going to get the dang thing at my property.

Comment

I've cut back on trips to the lease this offseason to basically nothing. However I'm actually going to go down on Friday and pay our landowner for our lease (I take everyone's money with me). Guys on the lease asked if they need to pitch in a few dollars on my gas. I hated to take anything at all but everyone insisted because of how high gas is. Probably won't go back until September. Cost me around 200 dollars in gas right now (there and back).

Not sure how it'll play out during the season as far as my trips there. Gotta buddy on my lease that usually rides with me during the season so that will help out as we usually split the gas.

Comment

Working...
                              X