Restoring my faith in humanity!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Restoring my faith in humanity!

As if we didn't have enough crap on our plate, on the way back from Hallettsville today, I had a blowout on my cargo trailer, about 200 yards before the Navidad river bridge, just west of Sublime, on 90.

My aunt and uncle live about 5 miles to the south east of there. My cousin Chris, who is 3 years older than me is usually there on Sundays, taking care of cows.

I called him and told him that I had a spare, but no jack or lug wrench. He said he'd round them up and come help.

Not 1 minute later, a black Chevy Colorado comes flying in from the east, swerving across the lane and parking, faceing my truck. He got out, and said "I saw your tire back there so I turned around to make sure you're OK. I explained the situation. He said I have an impact, sockets, and a jack. You want help changing that tire?

I quickly called my cousin back and told him to head back; we had help on the scene.

Bradley, from East Bernard, got out his stuff and we went to work. Before I could even get the trailer jacked up, he had all the lugs off. Within 5 minutes, we were done and ready to go.

He said he was on his way to go fishing. I offered him some beer money, but he refused. We told him that we eat in East Bernard often, and the next time we went, that we would love for him to join us for dinner and drinks, on us.

There are good people left in this F-ed up world. I count my lucky stars that we met one today.

Bradley from East Benard, you are a God send!

Good story! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Good man that Bradley. I carry my milwaukee impact and a full set of sockets along with a bottle jack. I have helped several people on 37south

Comment

More good people than bad.

Comment

Awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
            Good man that Bradley. I carry my milwaukee impact and a full set of sockets along with a bottle jack. I have helped several people on 37south
            Same, it's kinda fun if you're ready for a flat.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

That's awesome

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Amen to that! Great to hear some positive

Comment

I like ole Bradley.

Comment

Good to hear a positive story. Think there are still some great people yet.

Comment

Something positive. Thx for sharing

Comment

Originally posted by boy wonder View Post
                        More good people than bad.
                        Yes there are, Robin!

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                        I like ole Bradley.
                        Bradley is good people!

Comment

World is full of people like Bradley. We don't testify about it enough. Glad you got his help and thanks for sharing with us.

Comment

Great story and thanks for sharing!

Comment

World would be a better place if everyone took 5 minutes. Good story Kevin

Comment

Working...
                              X