No announcement yet.

How was your Dove opener?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunted in AR for three days, limits in 30 minutes everyday. Lots and lots of birds there.

Comment

Our rancher cancelled us. Nuff said.

Comment

We had a good shoot for white wings outside of George West.

Comment

I've spent the last couple days out at my ranch near Huckabay and have seen a grand total of 5-10 doves. All along the road sitting on power lines. For whatever reason I've never seen numbers worth hunting until December. They show up in fair numbers during the winter.

Comment

Best ever. I am a terrible shot, and still limited out. ( all whitewings-south zone ) Looking forward to this Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by no bait View Post
              Rio Grande Valley was good hunting back yard got our limits along with some ring necks
              Dude your dog and mine look as though they could be sisters. ( if yours is a female of course). Did you get her from classic gun dogs by chance ? Sorry guys didn’t mean to high jack thread, just surprised me. I don’t feel so bad after seeing some of you guys had it about like we normally experience here. We got a bout 25 between four of us in two days. About normal, little slower then normal maybe. A limit here is really pretty tough most times.

Comment

Pretty good in Gilmer. Our big group shot just south of 300 birds in 3 days. Limited almost every day. Killed 14 last morning on almost 40 shells. Shoulder hurts and so does my ego.

Not 1 white wing or collared dove all small mournings. I will reach for the 12 gauge next opener.

Comment

I Limited Sunday and Monday as well as the guys I was hunting with. Hunted out near San Angelo.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                    Mine was very expensive. 8 birds cost me over $1K.
                    Whaaaa?

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Dewitt County - 2 hunts - 10 birds. Better than last year. i'm planting next year..

Comment

Didn’t get to go until yesterday in a usual place in San Antonio. I have never seen so few birds since I moved here in 2010. Weird deal, had sunflowers and all. Usually see 1000’s of birds.

Comment

Worst hunt in 13 years just south of Coleman

Comment

My opener was yesterday. Limited out near Hondo. Lots of birds and other hunters as well. Probably too many hunters, actually.

Comment

Kinda meh outsude hondo... relatively quick limit sunday /monday..but not flying like in past years... actually had to aim this year..
                              Actual number of tree/stone hunters near town looked to be way less than past as well...

Comment

Started at my dove lease just Southwest of Graford Sunday. Shoulda been done by 930... But i suck... got 8...Went home at lunch, hunted between cleburne and rio Vista Sunday evening, finished up my limit but it was a grind and almost didn't get it done.

Monday went back to lease, and killed the 1 of the 2 birds that came in range. It was PITIFUL. I think not enough hunters to push birds around and stay up.

Was slower in cleburne too that evening...

Hunted near Alvarado last night and it was a gar hole... Just terrible, but we hadn't scouted it so that's the risk you run

We need some cold fronts

Comment

Working...
                                X