No announcement yet.

East Texas hunting 2022-‘23 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think all the Deer around Oakhurst: West Side of Lake Livingston have grown wings and flew out of State....lol.

Dang it....I can't seem to be in the right place this year.
    I have hunted hard with no luck.

Comment

This year has been so challenging. After November 5th, deer sightings have been so limited on our place in Houston County. Not even does. All feeders have piles of gold under them. Even he hand corn I put out on November 5th, is still laying on the ground near a travel route. It is almost like they think the corn is poison and will not even go near hand corn. I assume they are only eating acorns and are totally ignoring all corn areas, even at night. I had to work really hard for a doe over the weekend. I put out sweet feed in a couple spots with no pressure and snuck in there and shot the doe 120 yards out (no stand in this area).

It is really hard hunting this year. 5 lease members on 900 acres and only 2 bucks shot and only 4 does taken all season.

Are you guys seeing this as a terrible year as well?

Comment

What tactics are possible during a time of hard hunting like this? One could say, well hunt over the acorns. There are 300 trees producing piles of acorns and it just isn't working b/c you don't know where they will be at. The deer have gone totally rogue in day-light.

Comment

That’s a wrap on 22’ etx for me, was a blast the deer are just a bonus!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That’s a nice buck.

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post

Yep.........you did it right sir!!!

Comment

Congrats on your success. Heck of a buck.

J

Comment

Always fun to follow along on yours and Jooger's threads!! Thanks for taking time to bring us along!! That's a heck of a buck with lots of age and character... The big ol' set of antlers is indeed a bonus!
                  Congratulations on a very nice year sir!

Comment

Great job!

Comment

East Texas hunting 2022-‘23 season

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                      Always fun to follow along on yours and Jooger's threads!! Thanks for taking time to bring us along!! That's a heck of a buck with lots of age and character... The big ol' set of antlers is indeed a bonus!
                      Congratulations on a very nice year sir!

Thank you! And yes sir to pull out two 6.5+ year old East Texas bucks is so much fun regardless of inches…..but The inches are gladly appreciated lol

Comment

Now of course I'll be givin' you crap for crossin' that river down south!! ...
                        You be careful down there man!!

Comment

Originally posted by jershua View Post
                          What tactics are possible during a time of hard hunting like this? One could say, well hunt over the acorns. There are 300 trees producing piles of acorns and it just isn't working b/c you don't know where they will be at. The deer have gone totally rogue in day-light.
                          Best thing I can tell you is look up Warren Womack feed tree on YouTube and see if that helps? I see y'all have killed 6 deer with two being bucks. Do y'all normally kill that many?

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                            Now of course I'll be givin' you crap for crossin' that river down south!! ...
                            You be careful down there man!!

Yes sir 19th year hoping for another 19 god willin [emoji1374]

Comment

I used the new digital option this year as well, GW walked us through it. Worked out great I’d recommend it to anyone [emoji1377]

Comment

I used the new digital option this year as well, GW walked us through it. Worked out great I’d recommend it to anyone [emoji1377]

I tagged a doe sunday with the app. I found it very easy and at this point will stick with it.

And for the GPS nay sayers, you can approximate the area you shot the deer. It only asks for a region which in my case covers two counties. I placed my pin where the highway and the river cross. There is MILES of woods between the intersection and where I shot the deer

Comment

Working...
                                X