• Time
  • Show
Clear All

In for the find.

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post
        Liver and gut I bet. My arrow looked like that on that low shot. Keep us posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zero paunch contents aside from what was on the arrow and you have to remember that blood is 15 hours old in a dry climate by the time those pics were taken. The wetter looking blood this morning was bright like heart blood. Had it been heart he would have died in sight though.

I've been on a whole bunch of these blood trails and this one has be big puzzled. I really don't know what happened. According to my watch I covered 3.21mi making loops looking for him and never found another speck after last blood. We couldn't land permission from the neighbors so getting a dog is out of the question but I believe he's dead. Sucks to shoot a deer like that and lose him; even more so being my first trad buck...

I'm letting my phone charge for 30min or so and headed in with the wheel bow this afternoon to try and get some redemption. I will also keep trying to gain access from the neighbor and will keep y'all posted on that.

Comment

Headed in boys.

Comment

Good luck this evening.

Comment

Let's see if these high dollar *** fence jumpin' shoes that my fiancé bought me knows how to kill a buck! I've had just about all of the bad luck that I'm going to take! I need the big 8 to show about 15min earlier than he did last night!

Comment

Originally posted by jooger17 View Post
                Zero paunch contents aside from what was on the arrow and you have to remember that blood is 15 hours old in a dry climate by the time those pics were taken. The wetter looking blood this morning was bright like heart blood. Had it been heart he would have died in sight though.

I've been on a whole bunch of these blood trails and this one has be big puzzled. I really don't know what happened. According to my watch I covered 3.21mi making loops looking for him and never found another speck after last blood. We couldn't land permission from the neighbors so getting a dog is out of the question but I believe he's dead. Sucks to shoot a deer like that and lose him; even more so being my first trad buck...

I'm letting my phone charge for 30min or so and headed in with the wheel bow this afternoon to try and get some redemption. I will also keep trying to gain access from the neighbor and will keep y'all posted on that.

Good luck: bet he shows back up on camera!!

Comment

Good luck this evening

Comment

Nothing to report in my little corner other than Will and Vic rolled into camp while I was on walk about looking for my deer. Will just laced up a doe and Vic had a couple of pigs get by him. It was a late start yesterday and turned out to be an exceptional hunt. Hoping for similar with a better climax today.

Comment

Vic just smacked a pig! Everyone else is bloody, now it's my turn!

Comment

Finally got a doe fawn coming in

Comment

Comment

Dam the fact that I picked the wrong stand all day but especially this evening when my 2 favorite deer on the ranch roll in during legal light while I'm 500yds away.

We're posted up at camp drinking Busch Lights and frying up Opp Belly on a Coleman. THIS is deer camp boys!

Comment

Weather is dictating the hunt this morning. I'm in a blind close to camp. If a doe gets sideways I'm taking some groceries to Fort Worth

Comment

How's this mornings hunt going?

Comment

Working...
                                X