No announcement yet.

Let's Get LIVE 22/23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck with recovery. Following for updates.

Comment

This is a pretty bad picture of the 10 from this evening. He's considerably better than this picture shows. I'm still not convinced that I hit him but I will give it plenty of effort after the hunt in the morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks like you definitely got into something with that arrow. Good luck brother! Great thread.

Comment

Headed back in to the stand 500yds further to the south. My target buck has been there literally all night and left at 5:51. Gonna sit until 9 or so and then go check on yesterday's deer. I have thought about that deal all night and I have never been more puzzled. We'll see in a bit I guess.

Comment

I shot a doe super low behind the front legs several years ago that resulted in a similar looking arrow. It was kinda sticky though and she bled little drops for about 150 yards.
            Killed her the next weekend and entry and exit from the first shot had about 2 inches of hide between them, an inch lower and it would have been a clean miss.

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
                I shot a doe super low behind the front legs several years ago that resulted in a similar looking arrow. It was kinda sticky though and she bled little drops for about 150 yards.
                Killed her the next weekend and entry and exit from the first shot had about 2 inches of hide between them, an inch lower and it would have been a clean miss.

It's pretty bizarre. I could potentially see something like this. I don't have high hopes of a recovery but I'm still gonna give it hell.

This little sucker is the only customer so fa.

Comment

Steve, I shot under a doe from pretty high up. She jumped and ran about 50 yds. Didn't know what happened and picked up a few acorns. Then she just stood in one place about 20 minutes, then lay down and died. One blade sliced a little gash in her side letting air into her chest and allowing her lungs to collapse.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                    Steve, I shot under a doe from pretty high up. She jumped and ran about 50 yds. Didn't know what happened and picked up a few acorns. Then she just stood in one place about 20 minutes, then lay down and died. One blade sliced a little gash in her side letting air into her chest and allowing her lungs to collapse.
                    I'm hoping for something like that. This would be a world class stick bow deer for me.

Super dead this morning. Haven't seen a thing besides the coon.

Comment

Totally dead this morning... about to go check last night's deer.

Comment

With all the hogs you have seen, you may only find a set of antlers from the 10 opt

Comment

Well the plot has definitely thickened... followed one of the best blood trails I've ever followed for 75yds and made a lose. Walked the fence row and checked the block of timber he was in and now I'm gridding out the field waiting on the go ahead from the neighbor to cross the fence and get a dog in. My mind has never been more blown!

Comment

Originally posted by jooger17 View Post

Well the plot has definitely thickened... followed one of the best blood trails I've ever followed for 75yds and made a lose. Walked the fence row and checked the block of timber he was in and now I'm gridding out the field waiting on the go ahead from the neighbor to cross the fence and get a dog in. My mind has never been more blown!

Liver and gut I bet. My arrow looked like that on that low shot. Keep us posted.

Comment

Good luck in recovery.....ton of blood there.

Comment

Hope he isnt to far! Looks like good blood.....good luck and i am in for recovery

Comment

Working...
                                X