Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doe coming

Comment

Crafty ol heifer! This is the first doe I shot at last trip. The tips of her ears roll down. She made a wide loop and ALMOST caught my wind before she went back to the pen. I kind of want to shoot her lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Baby buck at 100yds about to cross my wind

Comment

2 janky little 4pts here

Comment

Are you using the Barrel Buddy feeder kit? Just set one up for my BIL in Centerville. Pretty sweet setup.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
              Are you using the Barrel Buddy feeder kit? Just set one up for my BIL in Centerville. Pretty sweet setup.

I'm not sure what they are but I hate the lids!

Somebody's gonna poke their eye out.

Comment

**** buck
                #3 coming

Comment

**** buck #4 coming...

Comment

Barrel mounts on top of feeder kit. I think we had to find our own lid:

Comment

Congratulations on the doe. Hope your luck is better than mine n

Comment

Super intense hunt. I missed a P&Y 10... Updates in a bit.

Comment

Dude nice try! Trad bows are hard

Comment

So I sent that from the tree but since then the plot has thickened a little...

I lost count of how many deer I saw this evening but I know I had 5 bucks in front of me at one time and 2 different buck fights taking place. 4 of them wouldn't touch 75" if you put them all together. So this buck comes rolling in to check out the commotion. I looked through my binos when he was 100yds out and called him the big 9 that I posted pics of earlier in the thread. I never looked at his horns again, I just went through the pre-shot routine and got ready for him. He bust up one of the sparring matches and bails into the feeder pen. Dead broadside at 18 yards. He's pretty keyed up with everything going on and I anticipate him to drop out. He did not and "I watched" my arrow fly 2" below his chest. He jumps out of the pen but just stands there at 40 yards for like 15-20min. The whole time I'm thinking, "Man he looks like he's sick." He acted just like a gut shot deer but my left/ right was perfect and I watched my arrow go under him. I stared a hole in him on both sides with my binos and never saw him leak a drop.

I get down to go retrieve my arrow t dark and when I grab it, it's wet. Not sticky, but wet. I smell it, no real stench... I get back to the truck and this is what I see...

I'm completely puzzled and have no idea what's going on. I'm going to hunt the same stand with my wheel bow in the morning and just tray it lol a guy shot deer. I'll update when I know something.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                              Barrel mounts on top of feeder kit. I think we had to find our own lid:

No, these are just barrels with holes knocked in the bottom and Natural Light cans to regulate the flow lol

Comment

Steve, congrats on the doe. Hope-n ya get a biggun!

Comment

Working...
                                X