Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone moving stocks to more conservative safe haven areas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow looks like Bitcoin took another tumble over night. Anyone got some educated thoughts on where this whole crypto currency thing is head…

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
      Wow looks like Bitcoin took another tumble over night. Anyone got some educated thoughts on where this whole crypto currency thing is head…
      My son in law is enjoying the dip and is buying like crazy. I hope that he knows what he is doing.

Comment

Stocks are on sale, buy more, the market will recovery. Its still not as bad a 2008, All that money recovered over time. Its seems like human nature to be negative about everything instead of being positive.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
          My son in law is enjoying the dip and is buying like crazy. I hope that he knows what he is doing.
          Best of luck to him and your daughter. I considered buying a while back but just too much of a chicken to buy in now.

Originally posted by TENRMORE View Post
          Stocks are on sale, buy more, the market will recovery. Its still not as bad a 2008, All that money recovered over time. Its seems like human nature to be negative about everything instead of being positive.
          I agree that there is a high probability the markets will recover. I just wonder how much of the losses are for folks that bought in too late and jumped back out.

Additionally, if the markets don’t recover we are all screwed. Lots of folks think that is impossible. I don’t think is likely but at some point with so much national debt the poop is going to hit the fan blades.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
            I was shocked that he didn’t sell last year when it hit 64,000

Comment

Originally posted by TENRMORE View Post
              Yeah, right. With this idiot in chief and this congress, why would you buy in? Oct/Nov, yes, but not now. Like Aerosmith put it, Going Down.

Comment

I’m gonna fire my financial advisor and start following this thread!

Nostradamus had nothing on these future see’ers

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
                  Up a fair amount, just keep plugging away. Won’t time the market nor know when a true bottom happens.
                  If you're up a fair amount since Jan. simply from holding then you are a market god.

Almost nothing is higher now than in Jan..

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post

Any FA that kept you fully invested after December when FED flat said they would be raising rates a lot should be fired. And also if they kept you in bond funds "for the long haul".

Go read my posts back in Dec and Jan. Did I just get really lucky?

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post

You should fire your FA.I'm sure you can do better handling your own money and not pay fees. I have a good friend making a lot of money advising people and they all are losing money because her firm has a policy of not selling to go to cash. Just follow the money.

Comment

I have 15 more until retirement and 11 more for my boys 529. I am still very aggressive and have increased my contributions. it's a good time to buy... i hope lol

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
                          You do not lose money until you sell. I do not know your situation, but you played the game the market wants.
                          So if you start with 100k and look at your account 2 years later and it's 150k what do you tell the wife, that you're still break even because you have not sold or that you're up 50k.

Be honest!

Comment

There is one self proclaimed expert that doesn't comment on this thread anymore who thinks that way. Lol.

Comment

Turned 1/3 of held stocks to cash back in Feb. Looking to put it back in this month. Maybe some in Aug and rest in Sept.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                                I only have mutual funds with histories. I haven't moved anything. Down 7%
                                Same here down 15 but staying where I am.

Comment

Working...
                                X