Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone moving stocks to more conservative safe haven areas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Capt.Brown View Post
    I think another 15-20%.
    So S&P 500 under 3000? Wow, that is going to hurt a lot of folks.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
      So S&P 500 under 3000? Wow, that is going to hurt a lot of folks.
      My wild guess is that's how far they try and take it..Capitulation day that ends this downtrend.

But that won't happen for 1-5 months from now. They need to weaken all longs. Slowly make everyone that swore they would hold through this entire mess doubt themselves until they cave...= capitulation.

Plus far too many "buy the dip" people still around.

Another way to look at it is this... THE day/week you look at markets and say.. No way in hades I'm buying into this market! That's when you're close to bottom. If you can actually just hit the buy button we are not near bottom.

Comment

Anyone moving stocks to more conservative safe haven areas?

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
        My wild guess is that's how far they try and take it..Capitulation day that ends this downtrend.

But that won't happen for 1-5 months from now. They need to weaken all longs. Slowly make everyone that swore they would hold through this entire mess doubt themselves until they cave...= capitulation.

Plus far too many "buy the dip" people still around.

Another way to look at it is this... THE day/week you look at markets and say.. No way in hades I'm buying into this market! That's when you're close to bottom. If you can actually just hit the buy button we are not near bottom.

I’m looking for as low a number on that market as I can, since I’m already out of it.
        I wouldn’t mind the DOW in the mid 20’s
        For a little bit there (on the rise) I didn’t think it was going to get down to may ultimate target of 25,000-26,000, but I think it is inevitable at this point.
        I’m holding out for 26 now or some long sustained gains. I may miss the bottom because of it, but that is life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Last edited by IkemanTX; 06-16-2022, 10:09 AM.

Comment

Well, it got into the 20s for a little bit, still more to go down. Like I said, 25k by Nov. Hopefully, 19k, but I'll take 25k as that has been my prediction since Jan. When we stomp the libtards in Nov, the stock market will increase. I'm buying back in come mid October. I've been playing the puts game with Gme and adding to my account.

Comment

I went to cash equivalents in my 401K about 3 months ago. I put 20% back into the markets for every 10% drop in the indices from all time highs.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
              Stocks tumbling out of the blocks again today.
              Could not take it any longer, I pulled mine out of the market and put it in bonds.
              Not much return but it is no longer dropping.

Comment

You do not lose money until you sell. I do not know your situation, but you played the game the market wants.

Originally posted by WRasco View Post
                Could not take it any longer, I pulled mine out of the market and put it in bonds.
                Not much return but it is no longer dropping.

Comment

Sp500 if valued by the books is 2800. I'm holding until it hits 3500.

Many good stocks have been sold off. Sp500 has too many unprofitable companies.

Oil will continue it's run and associated companies will earn well. Look at the supply side.
                  The USA will be bailing out EU with LNG shipments. Look at those tanker companies. They make money and offer a dividend.

Pipeline and oil service companies do look great for the continued well expansion.

The bigger concern we should watch is what the fed is doing and what our offshore treasuries are doing. I'm not sure if everyone knows yet but we are going to be stagflationary. Think about the 70s what did well then. History is repeating.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
                    You do not lose money until you sell. I do not know your situation, but you played the game the market wants.
                    Now, you sound like one of those investment advisors. If the market goes down, you will lose money, sold or not. You don't 'realize' that loss but you still lose.

Example: we both have 100k in an account. Market drops 25 percent. I sell for 75k, you stay in. Three months later, the market is at 50 percent. My account is worth 75k and yours is at 50k. I jump back in and I get 50 percent more stock for the come back than you have. Who lost?

Comment

Time the market, I wish you the best. History shows time and time again, market will rebound.

And your example is if you again sell, just like I stated.

Cost average buy, market prays on people just like you.

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
                      Now, you sound like one of those investment advisors. If the market goes down, you will lose money, sold or not. You don't 'realize' that loss but you still lose.

Example: we both have 100k in an account. Market drops 25 percent. I sell for 75k, you stay in. Three months later, the market is at 50 percent. My account is worth 75k and yours is at 50k. I jump back in and I get 50 percent more stock for the come back than you have. Who lost?

Comment

I am using free cash to buy dividend stocks, particularly SBLK and GOGL. These are ocean freight companies that pay great dividends. When the market goes up, they have really gone up. When they peaked I sold them. When the market drops, they drop and I buy back in. I've done this several times. I'm buying in on dips now. When the market improves, they will increase 30% asap. Plus, I will get a dividend in the next 60 days of 15-20%.

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
                          Time the market, I wish you the best. History shows time and time again, market will rebound.

And your example is if you again sell, just like I stated.

Cost average buy, market prays on people just like you.
                          I don't know what you mean by sell again. But, I do know that this is definitely not the time to be in the market. How much are you down since Jan? Don't tell me but think about it. Me, I'm up because I sold 100 percent in Jan and using some of that to play the GME put game, which does require good solid timing.
                          And, trust me, the market hasn't preyed on me in 30 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Outback View Post
                            I am using free cash to buy dividend stocks, particularly SBLK and GOGL. These are ocean freight companies that pay great dividends. When the market goes up, they have really gone up. When they peaked I sold them. When the market drops, they drop and I buy back in. I've done this several times. I'm buying in on dips now. When the market improves, they will increase 30% asap. Plus, I will get a dividend in the next 60 days of 15-20%.
                            Good info, thank you.

Comment

Up a fair amount, just keep plugging away. Won’t time the market nor know when a true bottom happens.

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
                              I don't know what you mean by sell again. But, I do know that this is definitely not the time to be in the market. How much are you down since Jan? Don't tell me but think about it. Me, I'm up because I sold 100 percent in Jan and using some of that to play the GME put game, which does require good solid timing.
                              And, trust me, the market hasn't preyed on me in 30 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Outback View Post
                                Looks like the dividend payments are all over the place including near zero at times. What gives you the confidence these stocks will continue to pay high dividends in the future? I get the next dividend has already been announced and is priced into the stock price currently.

Comment

Working...
                                X