Bow Blind Prototype

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jerp View Post
    I like your design. First of all the bigger platform is great IMO- trying to make a rifle tripod bow-friendly by enclosing it difficult because of the small platform. I don't know what your dimensions are but I would consider making the rails high enough that the hunter's head and shoulders don't stick out the top. That is OK for 150 yard rifle shots but you can get busted at close range.
    Great ideas...I appreciate the feedback. I think higher rails would be beneficial as well. With this being a prototype hybrid style blind its a challenge for sure.

Comment

Nice!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by dipstick105 View Post
        I like it and would use it. But like others have said I would CYA yourself and get a patent on it before someone else does it for you.

#1 Some things I would add to that I can see at the top of the 4 corners I would add bolting or something I could see where they would make noise while climbing or moving

#2 Not sure what the eye level is from chair setting to top rail. if eye level is above railing or level. I think eye level would be better and not stick out like a sore thumb

#3 Some kind of additional top cover for those good rainy days

#4 maybe an adjustable height chair

Just my .02 but end result I would buy a few of them
        I really appreciate the input. This is a prototype hybrid so its definitely a work in progress. The railing for sure will be raised up to eye level. The rails are meant to come off for ease of take down and portability but it would be easy to add bolts to each one to keep them from moving while set up. Awesome idea! A roof may be seen in the future as well. Looking into adjustable height chairs but they get a bit pricey but i like the idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
          Very cool!

Me personally I would do an octagon shape and have bow shots in the corners as well. Tuck back up in a cedar or wherever and have plenty shooting positions left.
          This^^^^

I like your design, but I can't see myself ever buying it. I don't bow hunt "intersections" so I don't need to shoot out 4 sides.

An octagon with three shooting windows in the same general direction would be my preference

Comment

I'd like the shooting ports to be squared and not angled, also some 1.5" pipe stubs welded to the outside of the floor frame to stick brush into. Fix the seat where it can be positioned in different locations/sides of the floor.

Comment

I would make it enclosed with a top. I like the Window design. I would use the Camo Plywood for the siding

Comment

Definitely add a roof. Other than that, I really love that design. Nicely done!

Comment

Your competing with stands that sell at academy for $300. I think the whole thing is too big man, too much cost in material. I think you could get a away with the stand being smaller than 5x5 at the platform. 8' feet really isnt that high off the ground either.

Comment

Unless you are going to put it out on a sandero, i would make the back wall oposite the ladder 6' tall and solid so i could put something on it to block my silhouette .

I can't tell but it looks like you seat is way too tall for your feet to reach the floor, legs will go to sleep hanging there.

Since you are going to cover the sides with burlap and wont be able to shoot anywhere except the cutouts, i would make them taller also.

I would make the cutouts rectangle shaped instead on v shape.

Comment

I'd suggest making the platform smaller, front 1/2 octagon, back 1/2 square (if this makes any sense). With smaller platform, have the walls lean out. This allows for easier to tuck into a bush/tree but allow for room to draw and shoot close.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

I personally would not make it any smaller... I made myself one that was 5X6 foot put it all together, had sliding glass windows, ... fancy... took it to the ranch, put it up.... got up in it to practice shooting... riser bumping the front window, elbow hit back wall... could not draw my bow!! ... had to take the back out and extend it another foot to give clearance... It's now 6 X 6 foot... but it was totally enclosed with hard skin, insulation, metal roof, etc... So be careful how small you make it...

Also, looks like a lot of hardware/fasteners... Gonna be a nightmare to make it totally quiet... no big deal if it's for a rifle stand, but for a bow stand, it has to be totally quiet, and that's hard to do with a bolt-together stand frame that big.

Comment

better buy some good liability insurance.....and put some safety bars on the side shooter areas.

some idiot is going to fall through the openings sooner or later.

Comment

Needs a roof

Comment

Only thing it needs are shelves to set my sandwhich and a holder for my beer

Comment

Originally posted by Brush to Bay View Post
                                Thats a great idea.....was even looking at possibly a bench instead. The boat seat does swivel 360. Thanks for the input!
                                The setup i’ve used is two metal brackets that look like an L. A metal rod about 6” is welded to a thick flat bar about 8 inches long with a piece of tubing weled to the opposite end of the rod. One rod goes into the base, other rod drops into the tube of the first L and then you use a boat seat in the tube of the second L. Gives you about 32” diameter to swing in.

Probably not the best description but I can take some pictures of the setup this weekend if you want.

Comment

Working...
                                X