Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FYI.

For those that were bothered by the dove hunters on core property this morning, this was sent from the office to the small game hunters.

"Just a friendly reminder. Small game hunting is suspended and not allowed during the White-tailed deer archery only season from September 28th until November 1st. Please review the Lake Georgetown Hunting Policy for more information. If caught hunting during this time you will forfeit your Small Game Permit and may receive a fine."

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by howabouttheiris View Post
      FYI.

For those that were bothered by the dove hunters on core property this morning, this was sent from the office to the small game hunters.

"Just a friendly reminder. Small game hunting is suspended and not allowed during the White-tailed deer archery only season from September 28th until November 1st. Please review the Lake Georgetown Hunting Policy for more information. If caught hunting during this time you will forfeit your Small Game Permit and may receive a fine."

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
      I heard 2 shots at about 735 am and another about 5 minutes later.

A few more at about 9ish.

Ill let Brad know

Comment

Originally posted by topduarte View Post
        Ill let Brad know
        Brad sent this out after complaints. Hopefully they got the message.

Comment

Saw two doe behind some cedars and out of range this morning (about 40 yards). Going to head out tomorrow afternoon.

Comment

Took day off today from hunting. Will be doing an afternoon hunt something this week after work.

Comment

I was out in Unit 6 this morning. Didn't see anything. Checked camera cards and deer have been coming late at night but not showing up during daylight hours.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas_Aggie View Post
                I was out in Unit 6 this morning. Didn't see anything. Checked camera cards and deer have been coming late at night but not showing up during daylight hours.
                Exactly what im seeing. Sign everywhere but critters only coming out at night. Hoping next weeks cool front gets em moving during shooting light

Comment

Out for evening hunt
                  Attached Files

Comment

Out for evening hunt
                    Get some!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Out for evening hunt

See anything?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Nothing. Heat and acorns starting to fall does not help. Hopefully with cooler temps next week, they will start coming back.

Comment

It will be a struggle. My yard feeder went from 12-15 deer in morning to 2 this morning. They are all under my oaks. Hope for a freeze and rain or something to spoil the acorns. Good news is my trees are not loaded this year

Comment

Most of the oaks I'm seeing are loaded and really started dropping significantly in the last week or so. Seems 1-2 weeks earlier than the past few years.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                              It will be a struggle. My yard feeder went from 12-15 deer in morning to 2 this morning. They are all under my oaks. Hope for a freeze and rain or something to spoil the acorns. Good news is my trees are not loaded this year
                              Most of the Oaks in my area are pretty light this year as well. Hoping this keeps them coming to corn and blocks. I'll be sitting both mornings this weekend, so here's to hoping they are still somewhat interested and stop on by

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Nothing moving this morning, thought the wind & front would have them up and about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X