tropical outlook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
    Looking like another TS headed into the Gulf, Corpus has a target painted on it.

Local Houston met on Khou saying maybe LA now. Ccbluewater what are you seeing?

On that note, huge thanks to ccbluewater for the updates. Not as much info on here as there was a few years ago sadly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sorry to hear this Louis

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
        Local Houston met on Khou saying maybe LA now. Ccbluewater what are you seeing?

On that note, huge thanks to ccbluewater for the updates. Not as much info on here as there was a few years ago sadly.

I noticed that. Johnny wasnt as active. But, when some folks want to argue or continue to copy and paste what the media says you cant blame em.

I'd like to see the thread info come from those who have a history of being close. I can get hype from the tv

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Looking like another TS headed into the Gulf, Corpus has a target painted on it.

Sure wish it would send some rain to south Texas. Stay away from SE Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
            I noticed that. Johnny wasnt as active. But, when some folks want to argue or continue to copy and paste what the media says you cant blame em.

I'd like to see the thread info come from those who have a history of being close. I can get hype from the tv

Spot on IMO.

Comment

Where are you getting the info on Corpus having a target? The graph posted shows barely any movement over 5 days.

Comment

Originally posted by webb09 View Post
                Where are you getting the info on Corpus having a target? The graph posted shows barely any movement over 5 days.

Houston 2 news channel weather cast, it placed yellow disturbance marker just off shore from corpus tue or wed. I'd sure like to see what the computer runs are saying.
                Last edited by Thumper; 09-21-2019, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Sounds interesting

Comment

Houston 2 news channel weather cast, it placed yellow disturbance marker just off shore from corpus tue or wed. I'd sure like to see what the computer runs are saying.
                    Gotcha. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by louieagarcia View Post
                      Prayers for all of those affected. I thought Harvey was supposed to be a “500yr event”. Well, here we go again. We didn’t flood as bad this time, but we got just about 1.5ft of water. The crazy part is that it all happened after it finished raining, during all of the heavy rains yesterday morning there was no high water in my neighborhood, but once all of the Peach Creek drainage and other northern tributaries came down into Caney Creek, water rose fast and we evacuated. We will get through this though, been through this before. Take care amigos
                      I keep hearing rumors that they opened that Lake Houston ****
                      Folks around there saying it ain't rain hard enough for as much damage and how quickly that water rose

Comment

Originally posted by louieagarcia View Post
                        Prayers for all of those affected. I thought Harvey was supposed to be a “500yr event”. Well, here we go again. We didn’t flood as bad this time, but we got just about 1.5ft of water. The crazy part is that it all happened after it finished raining, during all of the heavy rains yesterday morning there was no high water in my neighborhood, but once all of the Peach Creek drainage and other northern tributaries came down into Caney Creek, water rose fast and we evacuated. We will get through this though, been through this before. Take care amigos

Sorry to hear this. Let me know if there is anything you guys need!

Comment

Look guys, I am not, nor claim to be some sort of an expert(Definitely not Dr. Neil Frank ). I just try to relay information, provide some sort of an advanced heads up if possible, and offer my own personal thoughts on this stuff since it is a discussion board after all. Similar to Johnny, and the others that frequently post on these topics. If there appears to be a legit area of concern, it will definitely get talked about here. Always rely on trusted sources like the NWS, NHC, etc. when it comes to this as they are the professionals.

What I can see is what used to be Invest 96L, is still in the Caribbean Sea, and in the area of Jamaica presently. Its not much , and conditions are not good at the moment, but as it head W/NW towards the Yucatan conditions do get a little better. Model's don't really do much with it, but a couple do have a Surface Low closed off after it passes the tip of the Yucatan and enters into Southern Gulf. At this time there isn't much interest from GFS/Euro, but it's something to keep an eye on for sure.

Euro model got a little more interesting in regards to Tropical Storm Karen showing a high pressure ridge building in over the Atlantic, and pushing Karen back to the W/SW in the Southern Bahamas, and into Cuba before re-emerging in the Gulf. None of the others are showing this, so am not buying that solution right now. Another thing to just keep an eye on, however.

Comment

Thanks, CCbluewater and Johnny. I truly enjoy your information, predictions, and thoughts. I trust you guys more than the news for the most part, even though I still watch it.

Comment

I enjoy reading CC and Johnny's information on here. The more info, the better a person can be prepared, especially living on the coast. The news media thrives on hype. Sometimes I think they want major storms to hit us.

Comment

Originally posted by BayouCat View Post
                                I enjoy reading CC and Johnny's information on here. The more info, the better a person can be prepared, especially living on the coast. The news media thrives on hype. Sometimes I think they want major storms to hit us.
                                Ditto.

Now, closet forecasters, go back in the closet and try not to thump your head on the door frame on the way in

Comment

Working...
                                X