No announcement yet.

New World Record long distance shot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=trophy8;16413803]Man what do you know about long range stuff bro?!

Precisely, nothing!

Comment

I think Hoggslayer & Moser are gonna challenge one another to a 4.5 mile dual for a new record

Comment

Originally posted by HogHunter34 View Post
        I think Hoggslayer & Moser are gonna challenge one another to a 4.5 mile dual for a new record
        With pistols.

Comment

I heard some jihadist was busting off 7.62 rounds from a full auto AK in pakistan last weekend during a wedding and killed a dude that was 4.6 miles away.

where's his award?

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
            I heard some jihadist was busting off 7.62 rounds from a full auto AK in pakistan last weekend during a wedding and killed a dude that was 4.6 miles away.

where's his award?
            Mortars.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
              With pistols.
              Long barrel pistols of course

Comment

Long barrel pistols of course
                Ruger LCP.

7 rounds each. I should be able to do it in 3.

Comment

I shot a prairie dog at 485 with 3 shots from an old Remington .270 and without a calculator. I'd take mine over theirs any day.

Comment

How much does the earth curve in 4.4 miles? And how much spin on the earths axis is there in 24 seconds? My math skills alone would keep me out of the running. I can see a stop sign out of one of our blinds on a hill and it is 6 miles away. The only time I can make it out with my Swaro's is when the sun is reflecting off of it. It looks like the end of a needle

Comment

I'll start out holding the target for them while sitting in a big lawn chair, drinking a cold drink.. I'm sure I'll need relief at some point though.. Who's in??

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
                        How much does the earth curve in 4.4 miles? And how much spin on the earths axis is there in 24 seconds? My math skills alone would keep me out of the running. I can see a stop sign out of one of our blinds on a hill and it is 6 miles away. The only time I can make it out with my Swaro's is when the sun is reflecting off of it. It looks like the end of a needle
                        CURVE???? It's flat haven't you heard the latest??

Comment

Originally posted by JakeGraves View Post
                          In the time it took them to make 69 shots, I could walk 4.4 miles casually and knife them.

It is pretty cool how much the ELR shooting is taking off and what they are doing today vs. just two years ago. This is a driver for technology to go further and further. End goal is to get back to our military to make them better. My buddy Derek Love shot a world record last weekend in Kansas. 4 for 4 (cold bore first shot) at 2585 yds on a 36" square target. That to me is more impressive than lobbing 69 into the abyss
                          I wasn't gonna jump in but I have to agree with Jake 100%. 4 for 4 at 2585 on 36" blows my skirt up way more (I don't normally wear a skirt but it is 2022 and $20 is $20...)

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                            Now that's impressive.

That's 1.47 ****ing miles Dale
                            The other folks were three times that distance….three times!!

Both are pretty amazing feats….congrats to all of them.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeGraves View Post
                              In the time it took them to make 69 shots, I could walk 4.4 miles casually and knife them.

It is pretty cool how much the ELR shooting is taking off and what they are doing today vs. just two years ago. This is a driver for technology to go further and further. End goal is to get back to our military to make them better. My buddy Derek Love shot a world record last weekend in Kansas. 4 for 4 (cold bore first shot) at 2585 yds on a 36" square target. That to me is more impressive than lobbing 69 into the abyss

It’s incredibly impressive! 2585yds itself is hard to imagine shooting cold.

Why doesn’t he try it at 4+ miles? Why not 2 1/2?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Any guesses on the bullet drop at that distance?

Comment

Working...
                                X