Screwed by outfitter…any recourse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
    Trip insurance is pretty cheap in the grand scheme.
    We bought insurance through AIG but they denied the claim. I have been on the phone with a lady in India for the last 2 hours.

It was liard River outfitters

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
      Trip insurance is pretty cheap in the grand scheme.
      We are in wedding venue business and wedding cancellation insurance denied claims due to Covid "pandemic"......

as for OP, as stated before bankrupt is bankrupt and likely zero legal recourse and definitely none worth the money you are out individually.

Friends finally got their deposits back on Chandeleur Island trip on the VI, we had great trip before but evidently things have changed there.........

Comment

Originally posted by jaspermac View Post
        Update....The outfitter (Liard River Outfitters) has insurance so we are filing a claim against his business insurance.

To be an outfitter in Canada you either have to put up a surety bond or buy business insurance to cover loss. The outfitter association is helping us through the process, but they say there are a lot of outfitters that are closing the doors.

We did have a contract signed but it looks like it isn't worth the paper it was written on.
        Curious on the wording in your contract. Covid created an interesting situation regarding hunting contracts. Canadian outfitters were willing and able to provide the contracted hunt, but Americans just couldn't get across the border.

Comment

Originally posted by jaspermac View Post
          We bought insurance through AIG but they denied the claim. I have been on the phone with a lady in India for the last 2 hours.

It was liard River outfitters
          Why did AIG deny claim?

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
            Why did AIG deny claim?
            I’m not really sure and they aren’t sure either. They thought I cancelled the trip, which I actually did when he closed up shop. It’s been a mess for sure

Comment

Working...
            X