CanAm UTV, anyone have one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CanAm UTV, anyone have one?

And if so any comparisons you can share if you’ve had the others (rangers, mules, etc)?

Have a 2020 defender… it’s been a helluva lot better than my old Ranger. Comfortable, good suspension, and, most importantly, no problems. No complaints on my part… by two years in on the Ranger, I’d been though three axles.

Comment

I had a defender, loved that machine. Speed, handling, suspension and comfort was great. Had it around 3 years and never any issues.
      I sold it to get a 2 seater and went with mule pro fxt. Only reason I did not get another defender was the cost. I love the mule, has been great so far. But it does not compare to the can am.

Comment

Perfect info right there. Sold the same FXT Pro couple of years ago and really liked it. Smooth as hell compared to the rangers or Viking I had but it didn’t have the power of either in the mud (ranch road kind of boggy or hauling goose people/gear thru rice fields but I’m done doing that type of hunting). Thank y’all.

Comment

Have a defender and it's been great so far. Tons of power speed and pretty comfortable but It's not near as smooth riding as my fxt I had though. Not even close. It does have alot more room to haul gear people ect.

Comment

I bought my first Can Am UTV in 2013 and bought another in 2018. My dad bought one at the same time I bought mine, and bought another the same time I bought my second. My brother in law bought a Range the same time we bought our first. He’s been through 2 motors, a ton of axles, and quite a few small parts. I’ve been through one control arm and one shock, and that was because I decided my Can Am was stouter than a stump in the grass. My dad has yet to do anything other than regular maintenance. I bought my boy a Ranger a few months ago, and that’s the only Polaris that will ever (dis)grace my garage. If Can Am made a 150-200cc Defender that’s what would be parked in its spot.

Comment

I have a 2018 (I think) Defender. No problems whatsoever. I had a 2009 Ranger up to that point and sold it to my son. No problems with it either except for the plastic seat bottom. That was a poor design. He still has it and no problems. I just like the CanAm storage and the ride. The power steering is great but I guess they all have that if you are willing to pay for it.

Comment

Defender is great except my Honda goes a lot more places. Defender is more like a car IMO and it kicks up any stick that gets within a country mile and hits underneath. Also the transmission is ok once driving but hate how you have to give it gas then it kicks in gear and goes.

But in all other aspects it's better...faster, smoother, bigger, more options.

Comment

UK in a iinijio ooo

Comment

Thank all y’all again, you too slow guy above. All the input I was looking for as I’ve never been around or have buddies that have had one.

Comment

I have a 2022 can am defender and we use it for work around here and cattle. It’s been great. I haven’t had it to the lease but have hauled water, spray rigs, welding trailer, trailer of hay and loaded it down with cow cubes to move. Not a hiccup.
                      Shockvalue has a ranger we use at the lease and his is a 2012. I really can’t say a bad thing about that machine either. The ranger does feel a bit smoother but I suspect it’s because we have the shocks set polar opposite of one another, mine are set super stiff because of the loads I’ve been moving.
                      The ranger has the typical stuff we have worked on (oil, shocks, brakes) and that has been very easy to do so when I started looking I was leaning towards a ranger.
                      All that said, I have no issues with my ca am except those stupid locks for adding things to the bed. Ranger has circular holes and you can use to drop tools in, I know Polaris didn’t patent the holes, they use those pain in the but locks so you spend more money.

Comment

I guide on a ranch with 4 other guides. They all drive Rangers, I have the can am defender max crew xt 2022. They all say my seats are more comfortable, mines rides smoother and is more quite. other than changing the fluids, I've had no issues and its a pretty rough piece of land were on. Only thing I don't like is the brakes are squeaky.

Comment

HD10 the best UTV out there IMO. Rides smooth, very comfortable and does seem a little quieter than the Ranger.

Comment

swapped from a ranger to a defender and it is unbelievably more comfortable and spacious.

Comment

2017 Defender crew. Nearly 1000 hours and no problems.

Comment

Working...
                              X